Map of Sorsis

I’ve been drawing maps for several months now, practicing different techniques, and a couple weeks ago I drew an almost complete map. I recently received some new pens, however, and after messing with them for a bit I drew this:

The lettering is done by a friend, so I can’t take credit for that. I’m very happy with the end product, and the pens really make most anything look good. Any feedback?

15 Likes

Looks really good. The overall shape kinda looks like Africa. The only thing I would like to see added is something to give us an idea of distance and how large this island is.

1 Like

Dangit, Wolf. First you do better than me with your SM, now with cartography! I really like the style, although I’m struggling with understanding the scale. This is Winger from MocPages btw. Were the pens micron?

1 Like

@Krelikan Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll try to find a way to fit that into future maps. I’m not really a fan of a scale, so I’ll see what else I can come up with.

@SolarClaptrap Hey, Sliver! Yeah, they’re Micron. I’m really liking them.

1 Like

Oooh, that’s nice. The over all shaping and detailing looks great. My one question is, what is the black sliver towards the top of the continent? Is it supposed to be a ravine, or a mountain range? Though it looks cool either way.

1 Like

It’s a ravine. I still have to work on that technique.

This looks really good! You put a lot of detail into it, I can tell.

1 Like