Marato, The Light-Bringer

Well, I’ve dismantled the previous female mocs that I made, and I ended up using some of those pieces to make this guy. I will return to my ongoing saga of failure in making female mocs at some point, but I figured I’d get back to what I’m used to: BIG F###ING ROBOTS.

(Once again wanna put this out there. This all takes place in my own made up universe of Bionicle, so while aspects of the lore may sound similar, it won’t always be the same and is subject to change).

This guy is basically the mentor of all Toa. He was sent to Metru Nui by the Great Beings themselves as the right hand man to Mata Nui. He is the only hero who remembers the times when Mata Nui did not slumber, and that makes him a valuable ally. He also selects which Matoran will be given the great distinction to become Toa, and proceeds to aid in their training.

As always, critique away (P.S. If you mention that his Shoulder Matatu are not symmetrical, I am gonna kill somebody, cuz believe me: I know).

EDIT: Now with hands!

20 Likes

I don’t know if I’m really a fan of this. To me, he just feels way too bulky

1 Like

I can understand, but if anything that just means I achieved what I was going for. He’s supposed to look like a walking tumor.

Reminds me a lot of this: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/400174

Anyway, the textures, and proportions are in all honesty really bad, but I really like the parts usage in the torso.

6/10. Needs improvement, but I like what you’re looking for.

A wee bit too bulky for my taste.

I think you should design proper hands.

1 Like

the matatus aren’t symmetrical /s

The feet are a bit too small, and the chest region is a little bit too big from the rahkshi spines.

1 Like

Interesting construct…unorthodox yet somewhat likable.

I think you’re right.

1 Like

Does this seem like Matoro to you Arsenic? I would advise reading the user’s post before you do something stupid.

OMG, I didn’t even realize. This is an original character. His name is Marato, not Matoro. The similarity is a coincidence. I looked up the Maori term for light bringer and rearanged the letters to make this name. Funny, isn’t it?

The red ball joints bother me :mask:
Otherwise, he’s pretty cool

The chest textures clash with the arm textures, and does he have feet? It’s a good moc

As far as the clashing textures, that’s an unfortunate side effect of classic Bionicle pieces. Every year had a new theme, and with it a new style. So mixing parts doesn’t always look as great as you’d wish (and if things continue the route what with the ultra detailed pieces these last two waves have brought us in CCBS, I bet in a few years it’ll have the same problems as well). And yeah he has feet, look a little closer if you can’t see them, I guess. And thanks.

Oh, it does have feet. They blend into the background, and are tiny.

The MOC’s chest is designed really well, and the overall bulky look is done nicely. Plus the use of the Mata chests on the arms is very creative. The only issue with this MOC that I really have is that the Metru arms on the thighs make the thighs look a bit cluttered.

1 Like

It looks like its pregnant.Other than that he is decent.

I wanted to put some more white on his thighs because without them they were just exposed beams and it didn’t look to great either. Any suggestions on what a proper fix could be? Or do you think that the exposed beam (about 3 or 4 visibly empty rod connectors) isn’t as big of a deal as I think it is?

1 Like

That made me notice aaaararrrrrgggggg

Nice moc though
And whats with the hands. There little skulls

Edit:didn’t see the hands picture when i commented sorry

He made me notice too. WHY
Anyway I think this was really going for the Axonn look. Super-bulky, with hands with fingers. I think he captured it well.