Marendar

Its cool but I don’t see how he would kill toa. You should be able to visually see how he kills the toa. Like Gregs description. Also it feels too organic to me. Good job but I don’t see him as very Marendar-y.

Gl on 2.0 though! I am currently on my Marendar’s version 5.0!

1 Like

With his bare hands.

1 Like

I imagine him using a variety of weapons and tools made for specific situations like a sentinel from X-Men. Love the build though!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll also point out, regarding the organic look, that Greg said at some point that Marendar isn’t helpless to toa of iron or magnetism at all, which means Marendar has something different going on with how it was made. I interpreted that to mean he isn’t made like a robot or like the rest of the Protodermans for that matter, otherwise someone like Zaria would make easy work of him. So that’s one of the reasons I made Marendar 1.0 look the way it does.

The rest is just cuz I thought it looked cool lol

Edit: also, he’s BIO-mechanical. Emphasis on the bio

1 Like

What description? Besides “humanoid” and “bio-mechanical”, the only mention I can ever find of Greg talking about Marendar’s physical description is how he doesn’t have one because Greg rarely envisions one before its set comes out.

He has explained in ask Greg how he always imagined Marendar would be like a sentinel from X-Men. Go look around and see for yourself. Maybe it wasn’t ask Greg idk it was a while ago.

Plus bio-mechanical doesn’t necessarily mean 90% eldritch horror (no offense)

1 Like

I did; I keyword searched “Marendar” in the greg archives and went through literally every post written by him, couldn’t find anything remotely close to what you’re saying. If you or someone else can link me to a reference to it I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Greg said this on the TTV messageboards

3 Likes

If I’m reading this right, this is a statement on the function of some kind of specifically anti-toa adaptability, or in other words, Marendar’s power rather than anything physically instructive. He’s not saying he looks like a Sentinel, just that the dynamic between toa and Marendar would be similar.

4 Likes

Well, it says that Marendar had “specionalized weaponry,” but I suppose that could be interpreted a lot of different ways.

1 Like

That’s the only part I can grant, but even that’s far too vague to form any tangible expectations over appearance. G1’s had everything from vehicle mounted light cannons to literally one’s own claws designated as official weapons. As a personal preference I’ll say this, I’d hope whatever specialized anti-toa weaponry is granted to an enigmatic plot tease like Marendar ends up more imaginative than, like, a gun. Or worse, another frikkin explosives launcher.

3 Likes

Are the horns white or silver? In some pictures they look white to me, but in others they look silver.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure which one I liked better so I took a couple pics where the horns were white and some where they were silver. Still haven’t decided which I wanted to see, but I’m making a new one so it doesn’t matter

1 Like

I have a perfect idea for a weapon!

One simple word: quillotine.

It is classic, unique and 110% unexpected. Toa will never see it coming :wink:

2 Likes

Woah, this looks really cool! So cool, in fact, that I think it’d be a perfect fit for the GHIDONICLE Fanon Contest #2! The contest allows for pre-existing entries and I would love to see it entered.

4 Likes

Much appreciated! Although I’m pretty sure if you would have to paint pieces if you built this moc in real life, so I don’t think it qualifies anyway lol

Plus I’m making a new Marendar, so I’m not as enthusiastic about putting this out there.

4 Likes

:eyes:

are you still in the Cyclops Marendar Club tho

2 Likes

Lol good question. No idea what I’m going to do for the face. I made this marendar to look more organic than everything I saw before for the character since I figured if marendar is supposed to kill toa, how is he supposed to fight a toa of iron or magnetism if he’s more mechanical than bio.

I might go the opposite direction from an organic alien demon thing with one eye to a holy looking warframe with no eyes, or mouth.

Or go harder on the organic idea. Who knows

2 Likes

I’m really digging the horror theme.

2 Likes

Hey! Much appreciated! Glad you like it

2 Likes