Mary Poppins Returns

Watched the first a while ago, it’s REALLY GOOD I LOVE IT, I need to see this one as quick as possible

4 Likes

I’d seen it yesterday. For a sequel made more than 50 years after the original, this turned much better than I expected. Despite recycling some plots from the original, it captures everything people loved about the original movie. I also liked how they shortened the singing scenes to make it less boring, a problem that the original had. And the introduction of a “villian” also helped. First movie to re-use 2D animation since the 2011 Winnie the Pooh. Altough I doubt we will get anymore full 2D animated Movies, it was nice to see this one have it.
In the end, this feels like a Mary Poppins movie, despite being made over 50 years after the original. It has everything we loved about the original, but with some updated better looking effects. And the casting looked pretty similar to the original characters. It was also very nice to see Nick van Dyke return for a small role.
While the original is probably better in many ways, and clearly has better songs, this makes up for a good sequel that improves upon the original.
Personally, I liked it as much as the original though.

2 Likes