Mask of creation concept dump

I decided that I was going to join the art contest this time so I went and tried designing my own mask of creation. Although the mask of creation was not built for Artakha, I still wanted elements to parallel with Karzahni, especially how much they foil each other already. Both in contrasting personalities and inspirations based on Heaven and Hell. So to do that, I based my design off a red stag deer since deers are more associated with tranquility than goats which are associated with the devil or in this case, Karzahni.

20 Likes

Gorgeous design and concept! I think it would look great on some of the MOCs including my own!

Thank you but which one? I made multiple versions of the design to see which one was more popular

I’d say C, E, or L, they give off a classic Bionicle vibe while adding a little bit of extra stylistic detail.

1 Like

A, C, E, G, K, and L. The decorative horns may be a but too wild for someone as refined as Artakha.

1 Like

Do you think they should be straighter or they should be panels instead?

They look too bizarre, too much like the roots of a tree. They seem more at home on Karzahni than on Artakha. Curves imply elegance, so I would recommend keeping the general shape but adding more curves into the design rather than harsh angles.

1 Like

These look amazing, C, E, L are my favourites

I’ll keep that noted. Maybe I can draw the antlers more like Ekimu’s crown

UPDATE
Antlers have been straightened and widened to add more senses of tranquility.

8 Likes

B, D, J, or L are probably my favorites, but they’re all pretty cool.

1 Like

I think my most favorites would have to be “G” and “L.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love D’s faceplate!

1 Like

I’d say G and L.

2 Likes

I like the silhouette!

1 Like

My favorites are E, I and L, great work!

1 Like

After someone on Twitter reminded me that the mask has decorations based on every culture on the matoran universe, I went and resigned it a bit to have traits of a vortixx and fins that resemble the spine of a skakdi.

5 Likes

Drawing objects from different angles is painfully frustrating. If there are any errors in this then letting me know would be very appreciated.

5 Likes

I think the horns are too complex for a BIONICLE mask (made it from injection moulded plastic and not a 3D printer).
I think my favorite are G, D and L are my favorites, but I don’t like I or B

Do you have any suggestions for a simpler design?