Mata Nui Island Discussion topic

I thought we weren’t allowed to talk about handling assets on these forums. :sweat_smile:

handling assets is an important aspect of this website

4 Likes

I was looking through the design manual for 2001 on BMP, and I found this little piece of interesting text:

Read Nokama’s blurb

3 Likes

Sea pearl wax? That’s something new.

1 Like

Sea pearl is neat. Also figures that Nokama was a he early on too. Honestly what I found more interesting is that Nuju was always depicted as using gestures and whistles to communicate. I kinda figured that was just a MNOG thing that Templar invented, since that was the only place it appeared early on (iirc). Neat stuff either way!

A lot of the stuff that I’d assumed to just be MNOG was actually in the story bibles. Basically everything about Kapura’s character (from his powers to his slapstick gags) was pulled from there, apparently.

2 Likes

Metru Nui is the Coruscant of Bionicle.:+1:

Really? Where did you discover this?

From Templar Studios blog, here’s the specific post I was referring to:

It’s well worth reading through all the blog posts they did on MNOG, actually - there’s some fascinating behind-the-scenes stuff in there, and they were clearly very passionate about the project.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, man.:+1:
Very interesting about how they turned the helpless Matoran misfits into the biggest heroes. (Kinda reminds me of a movie by Big Idea that came out a bit over a decade ago.):slightly_smiling_face::+1: