Mata Nui Rising (Bionicle 20th Anniversary)

Intro:
20 years ago Bionicle began, and 10 years ago it ended. Over those 10 years a story full of memorable characters and deep lore was told that expanded across a whole universe and beyond. From those many years of multi media story one moment, one revelation, stands out. The awakening of Mata Nui, the Great Spirit Robot, in which the entirety of the story thus far had taken place. The Great Spirit Robot is one of the many memorable icons of Bionicle, and unfortunately it was one of the few that never got represented in an official set.

This project is meant to give Bionicle fans a chance to finally own a Great Spirit Robot of their own to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary.

MOC:

Outro:
I’ve been planning this project for awhile, and any support would be highly appreciated.

73 Likes

I doubt this one will go anywhere on LEGO Ideas, but the MOC itself is amazing. I’ve wanted to see a Mata Nui Robot MOC for years, and you are the first to make one! (at least from what I saw)

7 Likes

You posted this on lego Ideas long ago, and I was pretty confused that you didn’t post it here. But now here it is. It’s amazing as always, but sadly, I don’t think it will make it with all those Bionicle pieces. As I mentioned, it was on Ideas long ago so of course you already have my support.

7 Likes

Very cool. HOPE YOU GET MORE SUPPORTERS!

4 Likes

This looks perfect, like the canon design but not scaled up, just perfect.

5 Likes

Well done, the chest is a bit narrow but it’s pretty close. Reminds me, I should go back and fix the old MU robot moc I built back in 2013.

5 Likes

I love everything about this, except the head. It is cool that masks can fit on, though.

3 Likes

There are no constraction pieces present on the MOC that are not still in production. The only pieces not being made anymore are the ratchet joints at the knees and the Bionicle parts.

1 Like

And is Bionicle not constraction? I’m talking about the Ignika, the Kraahkan, the Toa Mata head, and the Tridax pod half.

2 Likes

Yes thank you for using an incredibly broad term which covers more than exclusively Bionicle parts.

The actual model itself is very well put together, and honestly I hope it gets to become a set. You’ve done a really good job with this.

2 Likes

Being the only constraction pieces inside it, I thought people could realize what I was talking about.Maybe I was wrong. Now let’s not get off topic.

3 Likes

A very nice build, you have my support on ideas! Sad to say that it will likely get overshadowed by sokoda’s build

2 Likes

This really and truly deserves 10k supporters.

2 Likes

Will you do instructions please?

1 Like

Very cool MOC! I like how you were able to use mostly System parts, but it still has the Bionicle look. Well done

2 Likes

The head feels really jarring, when the rest of the moc is so accurate to the GSR.

1 Like

I disagree. I think that the use of the Mata head would actually be fitting, especially as it allows for a custom mask to be attached that would add to the accuracy, if one wished to go that route.

2 Likes