Matau Hordika (revamp)

@The_Owl Thanks very much! I’m glad you like the feral look.

@Pegasus88 Thank you. :smile:

@PekekoaOfJungle Thanks! I appreciate long comments, and often give up when they fail to send, so thanks again. :smile:

@Sciencegiraffe I’m trying to find a way to cover it up without hindering his neck articulation, so in the meantime I’m relying on the natural hunched stance to cover it up as best at it can, which I think serves as a suitable alternative until I can properly cover it up.

@Oniwah He’s definitely one of my favourites from 2003 onwards. Thanks! :smile:

@Neowulf Just staying somewhat accurate to the movie. Thanks for your comment!

@Deo4508 I’m glad you like it, thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

It basically said everything I like about the moc, which is everything about the moc. :smile:

1 Like

This is great, though it’d be better if you added that sword-like appendage to his arm. It has more accuracy to WoS.

1 Like

So I have no idea why that tube is there but I think it looks great! This seems like a great way to get back into Mocing. Good job man!

1 Like

Nice! I love it!

1 Like

@Pirean_Grammaticul Thanks! I’m not quite sure what you mean, since it is attached to his hand in the movie, though.

@Greencapps The tube was initially there to support the Hordika chestplate, but since I added the rubber band I decided to leave it there and I think it adds to the mutated look. Thanks! :smiley:

@helryx Thank you!

@trev44 Thanks! :smiley:

@Stoax The gappiness was one of the main issues I had with the Hordika, so I tried my best to rectify it. Thanks!

I LOVE THE MOVIE ACCURATE LOOK its great

2 Likes

I love this, it definitely has that mutant vibe of the original but less gappy.

1 Like

I like the design! I’m not sure I quite understand the tubes but everything else is so fleshed out that it doesn’t bug me.

1 Like

Cool. Good job!

1 Like

Normally the messier schemes and asymmetricality bugs me, but this being the character-type that it is, it works very well! It really feels like Matau Hordika, just better.

Very nice job, dude! I like it a lot.

2 Likes

Reminds me of that Nokama Hordika revamp I saw once.

1 Like

@Soaring_Strawberry Thanks! The tube was initially intended to be used as support for the Hordika chest plate, but since the addition of the rubber band I just left it because I feel that it adds to the ‘mutated’ vibe.

@XLpug Thank you!

@Bumblebee5253 Asymmetrical builds need some love, IMO. Thanks! :smiley:

@Windfall I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Nokama Hordika revamp. To Google!

@Bionicdeadpool Thanks! :smiley:

@Jakura_Nuva Thanks very much for your feedback! I haven’t tried looking at him with the tube, so that’ll be something I remove when I next get the chance since quite a few people have pointed it out now. As for other Hordika, I’d need 3 of those right forearm pieces to construct the revamp. So as of now I can only make Matau and Nuju. Though if I do get my hands on the right pieces I’ll definitely be making more of the Hordika. :smiley:

1 Like

Great revamp. I remember when I got my first Hordika, which coincidentally was Matau

1 Like

Beautiful! This is the kind of revamp that really appeals to me - simple from a distance, but unique and more complicated up close; smoother and more fluid as opposed to more built-up and parts heavy.

The only thing I could complain about is the tube. I get what you’re going for there, but I just don’t find it appealing. It’s nothing more than a nitpick, though.

Otherwise, masterful. I really like it, and I’d say it’s one of the best revamps I’ve seen. Any chance you’d make some of the other Hordika?

1 Like

I like this moc how it resembels how they lookt in the moive

1 Like

My bad.

Remember that weird blade sticking out of his shoulder in the film? That’s what I’m talking about.

where did those tubes come from?

@TheMetalMachineDuckDragon Thanks!

@Patriotic_YGram Ah, that little thing. I tried adding a visorak foot to the side of the arm that sticks out the top to make the blade you’re talking about. It ended up making the arm too bulky IMO.

@DoremarNuva I believe the tube was from the Vastus set. Not sure what other sets it came with, but I think it did come with something else.

1 Like

You have Gali’s harpoon blade, right?