Matoran Genders

Hi, Greg.

Is there a fundamental reason why Matoran of a specific element have to be the same gender or is giving them one gender just a ‘manufacturing tradition’?
For instance, could a Turaga hypothetically manufacture male Ga-Matoran if they wanted to, or is there something stopping them from doing so?

-Hazash-

15 Likes

I think manufacturing tradition probably sums it up. They are doing it the way the Great Beings designed for it to be done.

14 Likes

So a male Ga-Matoran isn’t impossible, it’s just that no one ever does it because that’s not the way the Great Beings did it?

2 Likes

Perhaps it is not even possible do so due to coding or actual programming put down by the GBs. We don’t know if any MU being ever had the kind of knowledge the GBs had in programming and technology. They could build machines, but perhaps no one ever learned to advance beyond that? Or maybe they did, and it is simply a manufacturing tradition.

3 Likes

Greg confirmed that it was possible if the Turaga wanted it.

1 Like

There’s been some debate about what’s been said by you regarding the genders and differences of the Matoran, Toa, and Turaga, so I wanted to ask one more time, for the record, so that all the debates about whether or not you really said what you said can end:

Is it possible that Matoran have been created with genders not associated with their element by Turaga? (i.e. Any Matoran, not just Orde)

2 Likes