Matoran of Ko-Yerma

Finally. Holy Moly was there a TON of procrastination on this (relatively) small project. Alas, such is the life of an AFOL. Regardless, here are the Ko-Matoran of my Biological Chronicle. Their home of Ko-Yerma was the first of many to fall at the hands of forces unknowable and incomprehensible. If not for the intervention of a particular being after the dust had settled, these six matoran and their battered unconscious Toa guardian would surely have shared the fate of not only the rest of the Ko-Matoran but also most of the Toa M’Kuu that responded to the massacre atop Mt.Ngoi. Now, as the final remaining Ko-Matoran and sole Toa of Ice on Yerma-Magna, they spend their days tending to the Codex, an immeasurable underground Archive that sits at the foot of the Mountain they once called home. With the inhabitants of Yerma-Magna completely unaware to their survival, the have become recluse and cautious, ever ready for the “Devils from the Stars” to bring the heavens down upon them once again.

With a slight alteration from the last time we saw him, Theluji, the Messenger was the only Matoran of the group that was not at his village when things took a turn for the worst. Down lower on Mt.Ngoi, where the Ce-Matoran and their Toa M’Kuu guardian made their home, Theluji, accompanied by Toa Barafu, had just completed a courier service and was about to return back up the mountain when they noticed a ghastly shape in the skies, seemingly headed directly for their village. This object would become known to the Ce-Matoran as the “Devil Heart”, a type of one-way spacecraft that housed the horrors that would lead Ko-Yerma and the rest of the planet to destruction. Ordered to stay in the Ce-Matoran village by his stern Toa Hero, Theluji watched as Barafu and the Toa of Psionics Hinenga travelled up towards their fate.

Baridi, the Scholar. Originally the De-Facto leader of the Ko-Matoran (due to no turaga existing yet), Baridi was the primary representative of Ko-Yerma as well as the Master of the Temple that was in his village. During the aforementioned attack, he would be instrumental in rounding up the other would-be survivors into the temple but, like the others, would be injured in some fashion. As the temple ultimately collapsed above them, he was struck in the head by a sizeable piece of debris, knocking him unconscious. After being rescued it would be discovered that the impact caused severe brain damage, leaving Baridi’s motor skills impaired and him being prone to seizures and migranes. While he does still hold a fair amount of clout among his peers, he decided to relinquish his authority to Theluji, the only uninjured Matoran of the group.

Kuganda, the Trapper. An apprentice Hunter for Ko-Yerma, Kuganda and his mentor would venture out to hunt the various rahi of Mt.Ngoi as sustenance for their fellow villagers. While taking shelter in the Temple, his left side was pinned and crushed under the collapsed roof. When he came to, he found his left leg and arm replaced with limited Cybernetics by a mysterious new benefactor. With his mentor now dead, it fell upon Kuganda to be the source of food gathering for the group.

Poda, the Sentinel. A stoic defender of the Temple Sanctum, Poda attempted to guard the entrance of the temple as his brothers sought refuge within. He was the only Matoran that caught sight of what had attacked his village, and just that short glimpse nearly shattered his mind. Poda still serves as a guard of sorts (mostly just assisting Barafu as needed), but the trauma of what he saw coupled with the sight of his broken and dead villagers has scarred him into extreme paranoia and a form of PTSD.

Jabali, the Ice-Smith. Among the worst fates of the massacre was that of the once premier carver Jabali. Lauded for his craftsmanship, Jabali would suffer a fate nearly worse than death when he was partially caught in the shockwave that ultimately ended the conflict. The immense energy of the final blast turned many parts of his body into an Ice-like Glass. As evident, most of his limbs and parts of his torso were transformed, leaving him mostly immobile without the use of crutches. Obviously, this also resulted in his inability to use one of his hands for his crafting. Despite his condition, he still has retained a sizeable knowledge of ice and other materials structure and uses while also attempting to continue his craft.

Nafasi, the Seer. Disregarded weeks before the event as a rambling lunatic, the Seer Nafasi witnessed a horrible vision of what was to come and tried to warn his brothers. Because the Astrologists of Ko-Yerma and Ce-Yerma could not prove that a “Giant Mechanical Cocoon” was about to fall onto the planet, Nafasi was scorned and took it upon himself to spite his brothers and take a vow of silence and stow himself deep within the temple until the inevitable came to pass. When the Skies Fell, he reached out with his mind only to be mentally assaulted by the entity that arrived from space. The shock knocked him unconscious and almost poetically also left him completely blinded. Now, he is only guided by tormenting visions he involuntarily experiences, seemingly ever aloof and cryptic.

28 Likes

Nice mocs, I like the backstory.

I like how there’s a little storytelling in all of their designs, they’ve (almost) all been disabled in different ways that come through in their accessories. The only thing I might do is take out Nafasi’s eyes to signify his blindness, although I do love that his mask is ironically a vision-enhancing mask.

5 Likes

Irony is not lost on you, I see. There is quite a bit of that here.

1 Like

nice. the backstory is cool.

great mocs great start to their story

1 Like

You have done a really great job on these builds, poor Jabali :frowning:
I must admit though, he is my favorite in terms of design.

1 Like

Yeah. Kinda comes with the territory when you’re an AFOL and enjoy dark writings. There’s plenty more macabre where that came from though, rest assured.

2 Likes