Matoran Slang (Worldbuilding)

So, it appears that world building is needed/wanted by everyone, so I guess that’s what I’ll do. And what better way to do that than to talk about Matoran words! Please help me.

“School” Talk-
These are just words typically used by children to describe things. Oftentimes, it means some completely different as well.

Nui- “cool” (“That’s so Nui!”)

Nuva- A word that describes a popular person, or a fashion trend

Treespeaker- A not-very-intelligent person, named because of the now extinct form of speech that mashed two words together to describe something

Ruru- “nerd”

Komau- “jock”

Huna- “teacher’s pet”

Mahiki- “class clown”

Metru- “throwback”

Matatu- a heartless person

Rau- an attractive Matoran (I’m sorry, I had no other ideas)

Mata- “current”

Bara- “future”

Miru- A word meaning “Kanaean child”

Kaukau- A word meaning “Nahoan child”

Hau- A word meaning “Mangaian child”

Akaku- A word meaning “Ihuan child”

Kakama- A word meaning “Motaran child”

Pakari- A word meaning “Tiroan child”

Kraahkan- A word meaning “sketchy, spooky, out-of-place”

Crude Talk-
These aren’t exactly curse words, but they are frowned upon for being rude and sometimes judged as crude. I decided that Visorak names would be sweet, no one can deny that that’d be neat. So now with no better timing I should quit my rhyming.

Boggarak- A rude name for a Nahoan, equally effective on other regions

Vohtarak- A name for someone who acts without second thought, leaping on impulse

Keelerak- A name for a “worthless” person

Oohnorak- A name for someone who wants to take masks away, while no longer revelant, is still used with little real meaning

Roporak- A name for an outcast, someone who doesn’t fit in or has no friends

Suukorak- A name for someone without elemental powers

Kahgarak- A name for a really fat person, or someone who’s lazy

@DarkHenrik 's suggestions

Ekimen - A creative persion, someone who like to make art or is inventive.

Makutin - A killjoy, someone who favors rules too much.

Karzi - A crazy persion, someone who is paranoid/untrustworthy. (true origin of the word is unknown)

7 Likes

i can think of a few more slang you could use.

Ekimen - A creative persion, someone who like to make art or is inventive.

Makutin - A killjoy, someone who favors rules too much.

Karzi - A crazy persion, someone who is paranoid/untrustworthy. (true origin of the word is unknown)

2 Likes

I really want to use these, but seeing how Matoran are not aware of Karzahni, I won’t use that one

1 Like

I like the ideas here, but just taking the G1 mask names and slapping meanings to them feels a bit off.

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t have any other ideas. This is in no way completed, so I’ll add on more creative ones as I think of them.

No. None of this is canon.

Don’t you dare be mean to my good masky boi

What if I told you it was Hordika Huna? Or movie Huna? Would that make you feel better? I literally just put that because Vakama is obv Lhikan’s favorite

1 Like

YOU DARE INSULT MOVIE BOI. YoU DaRe InSuLt FiRe BoIs?

1 Like

I’M SORRY! It’s just in my opinion, which I hope you take no offense to, Matau is the best Toa Metru. And Vakama’s set mask looks so much cooler than in the movie.

1 Like

True, the set mask is better, I’m just joking about dw.

1 Like

“That’s so Wizard!”
Anywho, I like what you did here. I like the recycling of old Bonkle words, and think most of these could work.

3 Likes