Mech Monday: Week 3 - Hurricane

I really do apologize for not uploading last week, last Monday was kinda crazy for me. Anyways, I wanted to use those big bubble cockpit pieces from the 2012 Gungan Sub (my first decent sized Lego set BTW,) and I was sort of inspired from the Egghead mech from the Lego Batman Movie. The reason I call this “hurricane” is because the side gun would be able to create powerful wind blasts of some sort… Also, photo quality is something I plan on improving in the near future I think I will get few lamps and poster board or something.

And the pilot:

Mech Monday could get interesting in the near future since I am going on a trip tomorrow, and on that trip I will be going to a Lego store. So Mech Monday could become interesting in the next coming weeks. Also, I will be updating my city project pretty soon. Hope you enjoyed!

29 Likes

Definitly not your best, but still pretty cool. Maybe make it so it can be operated from either side, and give the pilot a spinable chair.

Sorry, but when I first read the title I thought the cockpit was a hurricane chamber.

nice color choice.

It leaves a lot to be desired, there’s nothing too interesting going on with it.

Yeah, to be honest I think I am going to redo this one, at least to some capacity. I’ll get rid of that boxy shape for the body and I’ll try that double-seater cockpit idea that @Omega_Tahu suggested. I have some better looking for the coming weeks already though (and hopefully by that time I will have better lighting). I will give the arms a greater range of motion as well.

1 Like

The hollow chest makes me think of the new Kyutama Voyagers from Kyuranger.

https://shukuenshinobi.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/img_9603.jpg