Meet the Maker: Art Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2)

“Who are you?”

“I? I am Artakha, bearer of the Kanohi Artakha, and ruler of the Island of Artakha!”

“…what?”

Sigh…the Great Beings weren’t very ingenious, okay?”

6 Likes

“…creator of the Staff of Artakha!”

5 Likes

Oh, gosh, I totally forgot that one as well…

Honestly, the MoC probably needs to be named the Kanohi Artakha now, just to make this pattern complete.

2 Likes

Finally! That was well-deserved, this is truely a work of art. Congratulations for Perps!

2 Likes
17 Likes

Apologies if this is answered here or somewhere else, but are we still doing the “cancel the contests” poll? If so then when?

On topic though, congrats to the winners of the Artakha contest, both quite deserving Artakhas.

If it happens, it wouldn’t happen until after the Lariska contest at least.

1 Like

Huge congrats to @Perp3tual (and @Connor_Hoffman, too!)

Super exciting to see, and an entry that totally deserved the win. Well done!

I think the one of the main points of the break is so that they have time to think over the ruleset.

5 Likes

Congrats Perp3tual!

Really didn’t know who was going to win this one. I figured it was between 3,4, and 5, but I sincerely had no idea who would make it out on top. And it’s fun to hear that TTV’s surprised too! Also glad to hear that this went much better on their end as it did on our end. It’s a well-deserved break for them coming up. Enjoy it!

3 Likes

Well deserved win! Congratulations Perpetual!

Disappointing, but fair. Thanks for the response as always

1 Like

Aw man, I was really hoping we’d be able to retain the winning MOC’s original mask this time. Still, the winning mask isn’t bad; it’s one of the few artist-designed masks this in the contest that I don’t find ugly. Congrats to the designers of both the MOC and the mask.

5 Likes

Yesssssss, finally, contest results that I can 100% agree with! Congratulations to the winner!

5 Likes

Even though I personally prefer the winning mask, I think @MaskMaker’s design is going to still be a very popular pick for many people (and in the end, it still made it onto BS01 as it rightly deserved to.)

3 Likes

Congratulations, @Perp3tual!:+1:
Your art is flat-out amazing, and I really enjoy the way your style resembles that of the Gen 2 Concept Artbook!:+1:

And thank you, @Eljay, @Mesonak, @Kini_Hawkeye, and all of you wonderful people at TTV who worked so hard to give us these awesome contests!:+1:

And thank you to @RealGregF for making all this possible as well!:+1: Cheers to the Stan Lee of Bionicle!:+1::beers:

Here, here!:+1::beers:
Although, personally speaking, now that the Artakha Contest is decided, it’s all downhill for me.:slightly_smiling_face:

Might I inquire as to where one can find the best deals for Bionicle pieces?

1 Like

How do you know it was a landslide?

Does the canon differentiate the shades of gold color? I wonder if this art defines the color of the mask as precisely flat dark gold. Because this mask is in flat dark gold, righ?. Did the author stated what color his mask is?

This means canonically Artahka is left handed and I’m all for that!

I know a lot of people I talk to have issues with the chosen winner but I never had them, I think it’s a fantastic pick! Mad congratulations!

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I can describe the various avenues of joy I am currently being pulled down at the moment with this, so I’m gonna keep this one brief. Thank you everyone who took the time to vote for my mask and depiction of green dad as well as the all round compliments and critiques of the guy. The experience from this really pulled me out of my comfort zone artistically as well as on the community interaction side, so I’m glad that people were so open to it.

Shout outs to everyone that entered even if they didn’t make it to the pollings; especially those who took on the daunting task of creating Creation. Even I got stumped for the majority of the month on that mask, so seeing others take the challenge head on. I could tell that everyone really poured a lot of effort into their Artakha (plural clarifier here), and I’m overall really happy to have seen it happen in as real time as I could.

Now its time to figure out where I put all the ruins on his armor. That should come sooner :tm: rather than later, but for those who are waiting on that, I hope you’re understanding of a little delay.

I tried to draw him in an ambiguous gold coloration to give people options on how you wanted to see him. I personally see that mask as Pearl Gold since a lot of this piece was an allusion to the Ekimu AoB cover, but you feel its better off as KK Gold or Flat, I think those are completely valid options.

17 Likes

This is absolutely phenomenal!! Brilliant work and congratulations to Perpetual! And well done to all who participated! :DD