Meet the Maker: Art Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2)

I’m not tired, you’re tired. But as of today, this contest has come to an end.

On the final day of the polls, we tallied up the votes, vetted where we could, and discovered the winner. With the new voting system we utilize, it often becomes as much of a surprise for us as it is for you. It’s exciting, and we’re eager to see how everyone reacts to what is now officially the canon appearance of Artakha and the Mask of Creation from G1.

As one update to everyone before we announce the winner, I wish to remark on how much better this contest went from last time. While it was not without issues, by and large we had a far more successful go at things after learning from the Helryx contest and implementing changes. We will be addressing the hiccups on the Nak & Jay podcast this week.

Finally, it’s time. Without further ado, we present to you… Artakha:

Expand for the results

Winner: Meet the Maker Part 2 Entry: Artahka, Seer of the Universe - Master of Creation
By Perpetual

As such, that concludes the second BIONICLE G1 canon contest. When’s the next one, you may ask?

We’re taking a long, long break after this. While it ran better this time, we are in dire need of a longer time to hash out further details for the next, make further structural changes, and have a relaxing holiday season without the stress that these endeavors bring. Obviously, it will be early 2021 (as in, within the first two months), but we are putting them on pause to recoup and reconvene to make sure the next one is even better.

Thank you all so much for participating, and congratulations to the winners.

Please be polite and respectful in the replies and in your conduct. It would make our lives easier.

Thank you all once again,

-Eljay

68 Likes

we will be here forever :slight_smile:
this is fine.
have a good break, and tell Kini he’s the coolest dude

12 Likes

did someone delete my comment?

feelsbad

2 Likes

I KNEW IT!

Ok, so what I mean, is when the raw results came out, I implemented the ranked voting process on my own, and this is what I got. Very happy about the results.

Oh, well that’s sad

2 Likes

huh, i could’ve sworn there was a comment here before
think they did

Congratulations to Perpetual for winning the art contest! I saw the amount of effort and time you put into your artwork and it honestly deserves this award. Glad to see Artakha for the first time in his canon form!

17 Likes

What did Greg say this time?

1 Like

We’ll show a screenshot of his email in the announcement video, as usual.

6 Likes

Which is the next contest?

2 Likes

The remaining Toa Hagah.

6 Likes

I thought so.

1 Like

Congrats to @Perp3tual! I honestly would have been happy with any of the entries in the final poll, it’a amazing how much great art was made for this contest.

See everyone in 2021, hope everyone has a great break from the stress and such!

6 Likes

Congratulations to @Perp3tual, and good luck to anyone who wants to model that mask.

4 Likes

Galva is already on it lol

12 Likes

it’s already been done :wink:

6 Likes

Congrats @Perp3tual! Great artwork and a fantastic depiction. And congrats to all entrants across the MOC and Art portions! So many unique and cool interpretations of the character and the Mask of Creation! And now I fade back into the ether until the next contest comes up.

-Sol

6 Likes

An incredibly made and deserving winner! I’ll admit that I was rooting for @MaskMaker’s Mask of Creation to make it into the canon, but this Artakha and his Mask of Creation are equally stunning and beautiful, and the thought process behind them both is of professional artistic quality. Well done to @Perp3tual, and another excellent contest down!

8 Likes

Congratulations to Perpetual, and thank you to TTV for organizing these canon contests!

So far I’ve been very pleased with the results of the contests. I’m not a huge a fan of the canon mask of creation, but like the mask of psycometry, I’m sure it’ll grow on me soon enough. :grin:

“really good” -Greg, maybe

4 Likes

Congratulations, Perpetual! Your entry was my top choice for the final round and it definitely deserved the win.

3 Likes

Your maintenance of the contests has improved so much. This one went quite smoothly; it’s amazing, really. I can’t wait to participate again. Kudos to you all.

Hagah nice Holiday season, everyone! Do stay safe!

10 Likes