(Meet the Maker) Artakha, who smiles upon Creation

Here is my entry into the BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker, Artakha.

Artakha is a tall, imposing figure, who is known for his love of creation. A masterful builder, he has a prismatic view through the many angular slits from his opulent, circular Mask of Creation. His bright red heartlight beams with his joy for seeing wonderful things. His gold and green armor, covered in ornate, foreign runes all encase his form, designed for forging works of art to be beheld by the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe.

His eyes are nearly invisible behind his constantly rotating Mask of Creation, but there are some times when a glimmer of his face can be seen behind the cover. He smiles.

As a masterful builder, Artakha is even known to rebuild himself into new and exciting forms from time to time, similarly to his peer Karzahni

This MoC was built entirely using pieces from 31092 Helicopter Adventure

26 Likes

B…Ben…Bendy…i…i…is that you. XD. This is actually adorable.

-Solaris Magnus

5 Likes

A KING!

2 Likes

Please only post serious replies to this topic. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here we go again…

1 Like

Apologies, didn’t mean to Jest. I love how you managed to ensure the hammer was small enough that it could be believable a forge hammer, not too large. The Feet are reminscient of Pohatu Nuva’s foot aditions, which is really great seeing as its from system. A very different colorscheme than most, yellow and lime green. Makes him feel very vibrant, just like a creator. And the mask. Perfection. Best of luck!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah i was pleasantly surprised at how the hammer turned out. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get it right with so few parts, but it looks good. With the feet, basically the first idea i had period was that those engine pieces would be perfect feet. I was initially hoping that the yellow would convey gold, but it also works as yellow. The lime is a little brighter than sand green, but still works, and he does have grey mixed in. I was initially pretty mixed on the mask, but was gonna go for a circular head design regardless, but i think this really works. Thank you though! I’m glad you liked it!

1 Like

Using parts from only one set is very good for accessibility! :+1:

Great to see that anyone could reproduce this build with enough effort and determination (of course any self-respecting BIONICLE fan already owns the iconic 31092 Helicopter Adventure).

5 Likes

That’s part of why I built the way I did. I wanted the additional challenge, but I also wanted him to be accessible to anyone with limited money to spend on parts. While not everyone may have that set, the parts i used are mostly quite easy to obtain, and he’s easy enough to rebuild.

1 Like

I should probably clarify that my “here we go again” line is here not to criticise you. I meant to say with all the seriousness that it is great that nowadays it became a tendency to create such great and well-designed MOCs like yours!

3 Likes

…Why.

1 Like

I just love how muscular he looks, the level of blockiness makes him very imposing. And nice hammer as well, it really does look like a working hammer and nothing fancy. after all he did got a hammer from his forge to face Karzahni

3 Likes

Thanks! I tried to get some good shaping in with the part selection. I especially love the shoulders and the legs. They especially make his silhouette look imposing! :slightly_smiling_face:

what a splendid little MOC

1 Like

hippity hoppity start it all over again-oppity :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Yeah he’s a little small, which really endears him to me.

1 Like

Nice moc, but not bionicle XD

2 Likes

Nice small MOC, but why did you decide to do this for the Artakha contest?

2 Likes

Well I wanted to build Artakha :sweat_smile:. In all seriousness, I figured i’d give a shot at the contest, and i’m happy with what i built.

1 Like

By the way this was never mentioned in the story.

1 Like