Meltdown

still redrawing all my awful old art

original:

17 Likes

his claws look like lil bugs

1 Like

You know, I’m really torn on this one tbh.
On one hand, it’s much more well drawn, your progress is very evident… especially in terms of the pose, here it looks more natural. The old version does have that prominent Michael Jackson stance

This is a mistake that many less experienced artists make quite often. My older art used to suffer from it extensively. It’s nice to see the improvement.

On the other hand though, I like your older design better. The yellow triangular pauldrons and the hoses connecting the weapons to the leaking tanks on the back create a much more striking silhouette. Plus, I think that the old head is a lot more expressive and has a nicer shape. It also fits Meltdown’s character better.
But the new claws and whip look much better and resemble the set more

9 Likes

oops

I had fully intended to have this version keep the hoses but it seems I just forgot to draw them

also the reason I changed the head is because I really hated the jaw on the original

however there does seem to be something missing, so I’ve added the triangle ear things back

7 Likes

Oh yes, this is such an improvement

6 Likes

transformers animated: the image

9 Likes

Derrick J. Wyatt’s artsyle: The image
(RIP)

2 Likes

Aka the best transformers show: the image

5 Likes

an improvement in many ways
still I like the arm cannon of the other one

3 Likes

looks neat

3 Likes

very nice. Still very leggy, but less so than the original. I like the weapon and head details, neat job.

2 Likes

A very clear and marked improvement

2 Likes

His left elbow is somehow in front of his claw. It doesn’t look like an extension of his arm, it looks like he’s an amputee with a bug under his stump.

3 Likes