member of lariska species

hello

this is my first post on the TTV message boards

here I have a slightly modified version of a moc I intent to enter into one of the upcoming contests for canonisation.

this is almost 100% a combination model of Krekka and Nidhiki
a few pieces out of my own collection were added to build the other arm the actual moc lacks.

I will give credit to the youtuber known as TheShadowedOne1 for providing some excelent design ideas. the chestpiece and the head. the actual lariska moc has an improved version of the mechanical arm with an actual gear function.

using the rubber band of Krekka I made a springloaded arm that will collapse the arm. pushing the lever at the elbow will swing the arm outward. using a bohrok tooth the arm can lock itself in place stretched out.
lariska can hold a total of 5 daggers on her person. 4 on the hips and 1 on the arm. by removing the lower finger of each hand lariska can hold a dagger. place the black pin on the back of her mechanical shoulder.

the lariska model with the daggers and mechanical arm can be build entirely out of the pieces from Krekka and Nidhiki.

I will make another post of lariska alone when I have all the needed pictures for the canonisation contest.

34 Likes

Really interesting design! It’s nice to have a form to the species. Do the feet and calves work ok for stability?

more like needed to jump better. lariska was known to suffer when standing still. whatever species she is or wherever she came from. not moving was a death sentence. it is why I love the sideward eyes. prey animals have the eyes at the side of their heads. to better see incoming threats. the legs don’t really need that much stability. the ball and soccet joints are still pretty sturdy. it was meant to add to the constantly moving and jumping nature of the character. like the feet were meant to look like she was standing on her toes.

1 Like

The fact you you used a pretty limited parts set is really impressive! 8/10

Oh ok, I definitely see that now.

1 Like

Looks lice overall! My only problem are probably those feet, the liftarms don’t really look well.

agreed. when working on the feet I was running out of usable parts. I tried to make them look less bulky but could only do so much.

Very cool! We never did get a combiner of just those two, and while this may use a couple extra parts it looks really good. Captures the 2004 aesthetic well, and I love mocs with action features, like here with the gears moving the arm.

1 Like

What are the instructions for this i want to build please i need to know

2 Likes

when you build it. I hope you can find ways to improve the design.

do you have a more detailed dissection of the torso pieces and for the organic arm?

I had in the past few months added two length 4 pins in the sides of the silver chest area and connected them to the green back piece.
I hope this breakdown of the abdomen and how the upper and lower torso connect helps you.

apparantly latter two images are upside down…oops.