Merging Bionicle and Hero factory parts

I’m a relatively new MOCer and I’m finding it hard to merge Bionicle and hero factory parts, does anyone have some good tips on how to do this?

Try to avoid double posting… You can always edit you post, just click on pencil icon :wink:
On topic:
I can make some simple merge for you :wink:

2 Likes

I suggest to use HF for either limbs or torso as most bionicle limbs are double ball or double socket whereas HF has a ball and a socket on each of its limb pieces
On larger Mocs the HF hands are great
The torso is pretty useful too if you can get creative

1 Like

Okay I’ve taken some pics that might help you:
Pieces I used:

So I merged classic socket piece with some CCBS bone:

And then I attached some Vorox armor piece:

Example usage with CCBS foot piece:

It’s very basic but you said you’re new MOCer so feel free to take some inspiration :wink:

6 Likes

Here is an example of using The CCBS to create the arms while using the bionicle system for the rest
Make sure to try and match the colours, though right now there arent all to many

1 Like

Thank you for the editing tip.

There are some HF bone pieces (that you might have to do some searching for) that are socket-socket pieces the same length as the Toa Metru’s socket. Easy to get some CCBS pieces into an inikabuild.

I did do that two times, but the inika build is a little “boring” for my taste and I keep hearing custom is the way to go.

1 Like

True that. In that case, find places that suit the niches of both systems. I tend to use more BIONICLE armor pieces because they’re more detailed, but I’ll put in a CCBS shell to armor other areas where a BIONICLE piece wouldn’t fit. I also use more CCBS bones in the custom structure of the body, since the lack of protruding aesthetics allows it to seamlessly integrate into the TECHNIC build.

2 Likes

This may help a little bit. While I was screwing around with CCBS I tried to figure out several ways to do this. I made this. If you look through the pictures you can see in one of them I managed to put a CCBS armor piece on a TECHNIC limb. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Probably not the most ideal way to connect CCBS and Bionicle but try this:

6 Likes

Pretty ingenious!

2 Likes

And for people who don’t have Cordak missiles (like me), those 3-brick-long elements with a clip bar on one end and a pin on the other work excellently. “T-bar” elements could be used to attach the armor closer to the socket.