Message Boards Anniversary Contest: 2 Fan 2 Fictionous

Oh hey, would you look at that? It’s been two years since we started this thing!

Seriously, I can’t describe how great it is to see something you worked on be enjoyed and used by so many people. Sitting in that coffee shop and talking back and forth with Var is still one of my favorite memories, because it was possibly the quickest concept to execution turn-around we’ve ever had. Everything kind of clicked.

It’s taken off beyond any of our wildest dreams, and we only have you to thank. To the fans that came her beforehand, to the Beta Testers that helped us figure out how we wanted to run this show, thanks. And to the Mod Squad, that goes above and beyond thanks. You guys are the reason we’re able to do all of this.

One of the best things we’ve seen come out of the boards is fanart. We’ve seen stellar fanart from the general Bionicle community before, but what blew us away was fanart of us. We couldn’t believe it.

Our newest hire, @prpldragon, was brought on because we were so impressed by her work - and that’s something I’d love to see more of.

So because of that, our contest this year is going to be on TTV fan-centric content! Fan videos, fan art, fan fiction, fan MOCs, anything that features the cast.

#rules

• All entries must follow Message Board rules
  • All entries must feature members of the TTV Cast as the primary focus
  • All entries must not have been posted on the Message Board prior to this contest
  • Because of the nature of this contest, for this contest only, we are allowing custom 3D printed parts and other such non-LEGO additions for MOCs
  • Multiple entries are allowed
  • All entries must be linked to in this topic
  • All entries must be received by July 20th
  • All entries will be judged by the TTV Cast and winners will be announced at the end of the contest

##Prizes

• The July T-■■■■■ (address needed)
  • Custom Member Title

Have fun!

36 Likes

Sounds awesome.

I’ll see what I can do!

Keep in mind that you’re not guaranteed a job at TTV by entering this contest.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

9 Likes

Might do this for funsies. But who knows?

##The winner of this contest gets to replace Prpl!

38 Likes

Alright looks like Prpl’s gotta fight for her spot!:smile:

Are we allowed more than one entry?

I believe that would require being able to offer something useful to TTV that they don’t already have…

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I might enter something

Sounds like a fun time

Edit: are we limited to one entry or what?

####Time to do something new in a old way.

Multiple entries are allowed.

1 Like

If we submit more than one entry, will there be any drawbacks placed on our chances of winning?

TIME TO POLISH THE GIMP!

Edit: @Jon Regarding the T-■■■■■, does it counts if you don’t live on North America nor Europe?

1 Like

Welp my video’s out.

1 Like

I probably won’t enter, but I’m quite excited to see other entries in this contest.

Can we use prototype parts in our mocs? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have an idea of what to do. No clue if i’ll be able to finish it in time though.

Can it feature only one TTV member or does it need to involve multiple?

sounds pretty cool

I might enter a couple system mocs…