Metru Nui under the rule of the Makutaverse

Couple months ago, I thought it would be fun to make a little photoshop edit of a back alley in Metru Nui after Makuta had taken control of it. I’m not very good at photoshop so I’m looking for feedback. Please tell me what you think!

60 Likes

OOHHHH
I really love this!
It looks like real-world’s atmosphere, but it makes much for “Rough” the city! :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

do you have a higher resolution pic of it? this can be used very well for a subtle pc background!

2 Likes

THAT’S SO AWESOME!

Now we just need a realistic looking Matoran hiding behind an alley and a Vahki coming down the alley in search of the Matoran

like this:
BJTO Battle Video Kopaka Rendering.png

1 Like

Very :mega: nice

3 Likes

This is actually pretty cool!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the kind words! Yeah, I try to squeeze in as many real world details when I depict fictional places because I feel like it helps the viewer ground themselves - I never really got the Orwellian Nightmare they were going for in the rest of 2004’s story actually bled through to the film, so I wanted to maybe try my hand at envisioning it.

@The_Blue_Panda Yooo, that would be pretty cool!

@Rons_oc Yeah! This is actually a screenshot of the image preview - I didn’t want to launch photoshop just to export the PSD for a quick post, but… (Well I don’t know if I should be saying this because it sort of “locks” me into a project I’m not decisive about complaining lol) it’s an asset for a larger project that may or may not find its way into completion in the near future!

@N01InParticular High praise coming from you! I’m honoured!

@ToaKebaka Thanks for the kind words!

@HeadsintheLethe Thank you! Love your PFP by the way!

@HeadsintheLethe Wow, you made it in a gas station? That’s even more incredible!!

@Atobe_Brick & @rac Yup, it’s a B.

EDITED FOR QUINTUPLE POST - Spiderus Prime
EDITED FURTHER BEYOND QUINTUPLE POST AS DE FACTO COMMENT REPLYING COMMENT - OP

3 Likes

Spectacular!

Super well done!

1 Like

does that say “ohey” under Makuta’s Kraahkan?

1 Like

Is that not a Matoran “B”?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words once again! And thank you for liking my other post too!

Woah, this is amazing! Awesome job.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s Albert Camus, drew it when I was bored working at a gas station one night hahah

1 Like

h and b look similar to each other in the Matoran alphabet, but I’m pretty sure that’s a b.

It says “obey.”

1 Like

It’s a B, you can tell if you zoom in. The cracks on the wall make it look like a H.

1 Like

I edited my Toa Metru into if it’s okay! I will upload it on @riotmocs , pls message me so I can give you proper credit on Instagram

1 Like

Wow! Excellent edit and an even more excellent MOC!
No credit is necessary! Please just post as you’d like!

I really, genuinely like your edit, by the way. It’s got such a nice feel. The sky you added also does a lot.

1 Like