Metru Speeder

watching bionicle 2 I had never noticed how the speeder was used by matau when he was matoran, I liked the idea and try to replicate it however I was not completely convinced and modify the idea a bit.

Aesthetically I wanted to give a touch based on the film and also the sets (rahi) of 2003, where colors predominate; Dark orange, brown, black and classic gray.

The vehicle does not have many news however the aleron can simulate the turn of the vehicle and the propellers of the sides can contract giving the impression that the vehicle is out of gear.

66 Likes

Very good :thumbsup:

Yeah, I can definitely see the influence, from Gukko in particular.

Looks awesome in its own right.

2 Likes

It looks to be really accurate, and it definitely captures the feel of that movie.

2 Likes

Considering that the movie version was basically just a giant metru foot I’d say that this is a great adaptation

1 Like

edited title -X

1 Like

Cool to see this particular vehicle get made into a MOC. The overall aesthetic really captures the look of the 03’-04’ Rahi and Vehicles phenomenally.

It’s pretty accurate, just, where is the dark green

I think that why there is no green

1 Like

Nice work again here. You’ve got some really cool MOCs on your Flickr :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very creative. I like the matoran, too.

1 Like

Nice work. It doesn’t look totally like it, b/c of the Metru foot being the front of the vehicle on the movie, it’s still a solid model.

yeeee, but that is precisely why it is an attempt to replicate the design and not an exact copy, in the case of the model the use of the toa mata foot with the pohatu weapon made me more visually consistent than using the metru foot, it imposes more on the front of the model and for the scale of the metrutoran.

It’s no biggie, the parts selection is pretty limited b/c of Lego. It isn’t your fault. But I still love it. It is like you said, visually consistent.

I think the Pohatu foot and Metru leg combo makes it stand out from its movie model in the best way possible.