Mewtwo, the Genetic Pokémon

Pokémon #150- It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.

The Nepol torso is what inspired this moc. It seems to have been made specifically for Mewtwo. Sorry about the face. I couldn’t find a piece to accurately represent the eyes, so the visor is there to give a general idea of where they should be. The purples in the tail are kind of weird too, since I don’t have a good selection of molds in one shade. Pretty satisfied with how this turned out, regardless.

30 Likes

Pretty neat. Maybe Mixel eyes could be used for the eyes, with the exo force arms or something else acting as eyebrows.

I thought of that, but they wouldn’t be edgy enough.

Possibly, maybe using the exo force arms and maybe some claws you can get them in a more serious expression. But yeah, they would probably come out somewhat silly.

1 Like

Dag nabbit I need to get into the Galidor craze before it dies on me

Also good MOC, Nice Parts Usage. Now do Pikachu

1 Like

I may do Perfect Cell in the future. Had an idea to use the Gorm codpiece as wings + the star wars leg guards as well…leg guards. Or maybe the skinny KKII leg guards instead. I’ll have to experiment.

2 Likes

i’m sorry, but the shaping here is very off… I know you wanted to use Galidor parts in the torso, but it just doesn’t work for Mewtwo’s proportions. The head could definitely use work as well. the purple pakari was a clever idea, however.

4 Likes

i’m sorry, but the shaping here is very off… I know you wanted to use Galidor parts in the torso, but it just doesn’t work for Mewtwo’s proportions.

It’s a lose lose situation no matter what I do then

A) Use the galidor torso- pretty close in texture, colors, and shapes. The chest is a few millimeters out of scale. I photographed the moc from above so it looks larger than it is irl and the official image seems to be looking up at Mewtwo from the ground.

B) Use any bionicle torso- Wildly inaccurate texture. Accurate colors. Inaccurate shapes.

C) Use any HF torso- Some textures could work. Accurate colors. No shapes I can think of that would look right.

C) Build a custom technic torso- No matter what the texture will be very complicated. There are smooth technic panels, but they’re all the wrong shape.

D) Build a custom system torso- Nine times out ten it will end up with a blocky look that would look wayyy too strange.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say that’s the fault of the torso piece so much as the lack of width and curvature going from the hips into the thighs.

Perhaps you could mitigate this by using these parts on his hips?

Kill it with fire

1 Like

It’s good, but could really use some work the in the posing.