Minethuselah: My Self MOC

I’ve been on the boards for a bit now, and as such, I figured it may be in-line to share my self MOC, Minethuselah, or Miney for short (you can call me that if you’d like, plenty of people do). While he has had some serious changes over time, he’s always been my main guy.

So, here he is! I recognize the lighting is a bit dark, but I couldn’t help it. Without it being darker, the glare on his parts makes it hard to see.

He has ~20 points of articulation, including posable thumbs and fingers and a joint in his waist for better posing capabilities. This has always been part of his design, even before I started making fingers and articulated waists on my MOCs consistently.

His scarf and the ribbon around the disk launcher are both made of some felt strips. I suppose this can be a reference to how I’m known in real life to wear a red jacket everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE). The scarf and ribbon don’t have wires in them so it makes dramatic posing harder, but not impossible. And yes, it’s a disk launcher, not a man-catcher (although, I suppose it can be used in that way…).

Concerning lore around him, the most I’ve ever thought of in the Bionicle universe is that he was trained for a short period by Solitarius, and that’s where he received the disk launcher. For the most part, I envisioned him as closer to the “Reviving Bionicle” characters - in the real world, but still with some traits from the Bionicle universe. He’s a bit like a movie actor that I put in stories or videos or other media, playing a part in a story. So, I guess technically speaking he’s not a Toa, he’s a model I built (in my universe, that is).

As I mentioned before, he originally debuted in a band I made a few years ago, back when I was first getting into Bionicle. Here’s a picture of the original:

He was the piano man, which is a direct tie-in to me in real life (I play piano as well and have been for quite a few years). I still have a piano he can “play” but it will be appearing in another MOC that I may share soon. He does also have a “team,” so to speak, so I may post them soon as well.

I hope you like my self MOC!

16 Likes

always cool to see mocs with a musical instrument
I like him

3 Likes

Wow! I like this. You have a great style, and it looks great! I really like how you use armor sparingly on your characters. It gives them a more set-like appearance.

2 Likes

Thanks! I haven’t seen a lot of MOCs with instruments and even fewer with a piano, so I decided to give it a try. I’ll post some pictures with the updated piano later if anyone’s interested.

Thank you as well! Miney was for a long time my “experimental” MOC too, where I would try out new techniques or combine small designs I made. As for the armor, I do prefer to refrain from part spam because I think simpler MOCs can sometimes be better, hence why Miney has CCBS parts on him - they looked better than any custom limbs I could make for him.

3 Likes

Love the scarf and the staff.

3 Likes