Minifigure Redesign

Minifigure Redesign

So I’ve been working on some new builds and I’ve also designed a new minifig, this has taken me ages and I got it to a point I was finally happy with, I think it still needs some tweaking but I like it.

Kardax (with mask)

The base minifig design, I based it off Vakama Metru as that’s kinda what my self moc was based off when I designed my brickonicle figure.

With swords!

The back view, you can see how much detail was put into the torso, based on the way stud.io does arm decals, it was very difficult to do this as the artwork kept warping, the legs were a bit iffy on the sides as well but I think they look quite good.

Comments and criticisms are welcome as always :slight_smile:

24 Likes

I like it but the hips don’t match the torso and legs very well: they have a very different design than the rest of the figure, you should try to make them a little bit more complex

1 Like

I definitely like the new torso design, but I kind of preferred the old mask. It’s just a preference thing, they both look great! Also, have you designed one with the medium legs yet?

1 Like

Ooh, that’s very cool. I like that you’re experimenting with this kind of editing too.

1 Like

While I do like the design, it looks fairly detailed in the legs and arms. I’m not sure how simplified the cast was wanting the Matoran designs to be, in order to let the Toa stand out more.

Maybe show some color swaps for the other regions as well. It might help to see a few variations of this design.

1 Like

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Sanokal Thanks!

@UltimateMustacheX This design is my personal one, so elements of it are personalised (all the metru armour rather than the other brickonicle stuff), I do have some variants but I’m not sure if I’ll do all that as this is a personal design.

@GX_05 The waist was a bit rushed, I have an idea for an improvement I may do in future.

1 Like

OH THIS is great.

I like this,

1 Like

Nice Work! Very detailed reminds me a bit of my prints for the ideas project

2 Likes

Thanks! I wanted to go all out on this one, the arms were a pain to get right though, so in the end I went with this, I was going to do a full wrist bit but the decals stretched too much.

1 Like

Yeah arm printing is a pain! Somehow it always manages to stretch the print exactly the way you don’t want it to^^

3 Likes

I know right? I tried to edit my design so it wouldn’t warp but it’s such a pain.

2 Likes

Hey great job on this, what program did you use for the decal like Microsoft paint or something else and then import to studio decal? just asking cause you have inspired me to make some Brickonicle decalled minifigures

1 Like

Thanks! I used Photoshop and imported them with studio decals. You could use paint but I wanted to do a high detail mini.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Neat job. I think the decals represent the Toa Metru sets very well.

1 Like

‘Eeey, this is pretty nice. I miss the 2001 visuals, so I appreciate you putting the gear in the back. Maybe a little iffy with the prints on the arms & the sides of the legs. Has that been done before by official Lego?

1 Like

It has. It’s not that common, usually is done for licensed themes and films, but they do exist.

2 Likes

i wish we did get brickonicle

3 Likes