Miraculous Ladybug

I won’t lie to any of you

when I first saw this show’s visuals, heard some of the English dub, and got the general basics of the plot

I dismissed this show.

I dismissed it hardcore.

I’d now like to show you something from tumblr I found that basically accurately depicts my current opinion towards the show.

[Enjoy.][1]

Suffice to say, in a world where the only cartoons allowed to thrive are comedies

a straight up classic action cartoon is a welcome thing, even if this one plays it super safe and formulaic for season 1.

Season 1 just wrapped up a few days ago, and the creator, Thomas Astruc, promises more arc in season 2, so I’m excited.

Any other fans of the series here?

I’d really appreciate knowing I’m not desperately alone.
[1]: http://miraculoushawkdaddy.tumblr.com/post/139200475856/kittykichi-darn-that-catchy-tune

4 Likes

Never heard of it, but I’m curious if it’s worth watching.

That depends a great deal

are you bothered by mid fight scene puns and banter, romantic misunderstandings and shenanigans, and a heavily present status quo filled first season?

1 Like

As you said that depends. I’ve seen the good and the bad of all those things.

Well as it stands, I can direct you to subs of the French version of the show, as well as the English.

French can be found here

And English can actually found floating around Youtube in vast quantities, but I don’t think I have a playlist for it.

Of note though, the episodes Copycat, Rogercop, Darkblade, and The Horrificator must be watched in English, due to the French subs simply not existing.

However, the French version has finished season 1 through episode 26, whereas English is only like, halfway there.

1 Like

To be honest, I saw images for this show everywhere, so I decided to check it out. And I enjyed it a lot more than I thought aI would. (aka at all)

In all honesty, I think the show is pretty mediocre. The writing in lazy in some places and I hate Ladybug’s design (epically since Noir’s looks so much better) I also haven’t watched the show in order because I don’t think there’s a reason

In short I like this show. Not as much as my friend who commonly posts about it on Tumblr, though.

What is this I don’t even

3 Likes

I like the show it’s pretty cool, the intro is really catchy.

1 Like

What is this?

why, that’s simple

ahem

IT’S LADYBUG

JUMPING ABOVE

THE POWER IS ON WHEN THINGS GO WRONG

IT’S LADYBUG

THE LUCKY CHARM

THE MAGIC IS ON, ALWAYS SO STRONG!

5 Likes

This is Kamen Rider levels of Engrish right here.

4 Likes

I’d say Kamen Rider is worse

After all, it gave us “Stay The Ride Alive”

2 Likes

Well, you’ve successfully got me hooked last week.
Planning on watching a few more episodes this evening.
I’m hyped as heck for getting to Volpina.

2 Likes

Don’t they mean

1 Like

Puns can be good, they can be bad. This show tends toward the other end.

And Banter is great.

Bothere’d me at first. Now I love it.

Occur?

So like Supernatural?
The show has enough in the way of humour and enterntainment to hold my interest for now, though I shall hold out for story in season 2.

W~~12

2 Likes