Mirror-verse Makuta the Mask Maker

This is the “mirror-verse” version of Makuta, where instead of Ekimu he went to power up for battle, with his crystal warhammer.
The chest print is from a TTV thread, either from the JtO Makuta or Overlord Makuta threads, I don’t recall.

105 Likes

Looks great! that chest decal is awesome and the hammer is spikey and threatening in all the right ways. good work!

3 Likes

Amazing. Simply amazing.

This looks like a set that I’d want! Oh…

Anyways, do you mind giving more pics for the hammer?

Maybe in the mirror-verse Ekimu became jealous of Makuta and made the MoUP. Now that sounds cool.

Also I want to see more pictures of Makuta’s falcon.

Awesome, I’d definitely buy this if it were a real set. The chest decal is pretty cool, as is the design of the hammer.

Here’s a better angle of it.

5 Likes

Great! Now I can build it as a companion for my Overlord Makuta.

Sure, once I get back home I will.

Edit:

The hammer is basically a mirrored version of Ekimu’s connected via 2 liftarms (the one with two axle holes on both ends and two pin holes in the middle)

3 Likes

This is really impressive, I wish it was released as a set.

“So you are the Toa of Shadow.”
Heh.
But really, nice work! It’s just a bit of a shame they didn’t give us as many trans-purple pieces.

1 Like

That’s really great! My only complaint is the lack of shield.

Don’t really see the reason for it, plus his hammer is a lot heavier than Ekimu’s so there’s just no point to carry a shield around.

The point is for symmetry when he stands next to Ekimu. I mean, you gave him a creature of shadow.

This looks pretty good and I like the concept of this because it can have a reverse story line like the toa being bad and maybe mini toas attacking like the skull spiders and shadow traps

A carbon copy would have been defeating the point, that’s the reason I refuse to use trans-purple for Makuta so it shows more contrast between the characters, if I just slap the exact same things on him too he won’t be a separate character just a “wannabe Ekimu”.

4 Likes

I am suprised by how well the solid purple flows with the gold. I like this version. ^^

I absolutely love this MOC! It just flows really well for me. The custom chest printing is really good too! I also like the little anti-Agil falcon.

“I have peered into a distorted mirror- one I wish I could smash to bits.”

I really like the bulkiness of the torso and how he looks in general- and I’m also glad you stuck with opaque shells instead of translucent ones. Good job.

Most impressive.
I really like how you made it look like a mirror of EtMM.