MLP OC Mako (Revamp)

a revamp on BlackBlooded Queen’s MLP OC Mako everything is custom apart from part of the tail i had to use CCBS bones to make it as not to make it too heavy. its a big improvement from the original i done which was done from memory. this one i followed a refrence picture

http://blackblood-queen.deviantart.com/art/Mako-ref-anthro-625083877

i know the trident has only two spires on it, it makes it look cooler with 2 instead of 3

everytime i take a pic of a MOC that needs support by my hand for a pose or showing a weapon off my hand looks feminine

17 Likes

ok.

when i look at this, with the tail, i can only think of an Orca Whale getting limbs.

8 Likes

Mako is basically a Orca pony but BB Q works more in Anthro than pony

1 Like

hm.

gets the point across.

1 Like

The Rahkshi head looks much creepier than I believe the intent was, and I’d recommend using gold tubing for the staff handle instead of yellow half bushings.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be blunt and say I’m not a fan.

Between the blocky torso, weirdly segmented legs, long neck, and awkward head, it’s really offputting to look at between all of the different aesthetics and could definitely use some work.

5 Likes

also this version of Mako (lego one) has two new builds the head and body (well behind the neck i’ll let you guess what torso it reminds you of)

@Joe only head i can think of that looks like Mako’s

@Lord_Tuma im trying to give muscle shapes with out giving him overally massive thighs and butt. look at a human thighs and back lower legs. i am still experimenting for my Mythron MOCs. are you not a fan because its MLP or that im being nice making something for something else? (just curious)

Didn’t realize people grew stripes out of muscle. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Looks alright, a little blocky, but overall pretty decent looking.

2 Likes

Ok, this is NOT a bad MOC. However it looks kind of awkward, mainly the legs, with the thighs already stated to be too big.

5 Likes

To be honest, it’s kinda creepy looking, the thin joints, lanky build and, how do I describe it, rended flesh, make this far more unsettling than I’m sure was intended.

4 Likes

I agree that this is far creepier than it should be though as a translation the color scheme works really well. It brings the organic design forward a lot better then some of your others that looked more like actual bionicles then ponies. Still don’t like mlp but I don’t have that much to really complain about here; I like it.

2 Likes

Gotta say, it looks pretty cool!

1 Like

The thin points on the legs look weird. I’d advise tires

otherwise, seems better

4 Likes