Mobile Suit Gundam and all related works

/heretic

/s

zakrello sure looks different from what i remember

I don’t hate it, I just don’t really have much interest in it.

1 Like

So I watched the first Episode of Gundam Thunderbolt.

That Jazz music killed every scene.

1 Like

Does jazz really kill a mobile suit fight?

I sort of want to watch this now.

Doesn’t Gundam TB focus more on the Zeon side of things?

That’s at least what the model kit line has been telling me, given how many TB Zaku kits have been made.

from what I remember from a small synopsis, it’s both sides of the war, just two jazz guys fighting in the unforgiving remains of some colonies for the two sides

1 Like

Pretty much.

Yes, because it horrible jazz, and the upbeat weird nature of it is not fitting to the dramatic and violent battles and scenes.

If you’re really that interested, the first two episodes are on Gundaminfo.
You have to enable captions but they’re an actual translation. Not one of those butchered Google things.

Edit: there was also a preview for season 2 of Iron-Blooded Orphans released.

and

That was the whole point. It’s not meant to fit the mood. It’s a glimpse into the music choices of each respective character, in this case Io being jazz and Daryl being 50’s pop.

1 Like

I understand that and all, but it really hurt the awesome fight scenes, it took you out of the immersion and made you wonder “what am I watching?”

Again, that was the point.
Thunderbolt isn’t a story of victory against a malevolent force. It isn’t good vs. evil. It isn’t right vs. wrong.
It’s a pointless conflict where both sides lose and there is no victory. People die simply because those are their orders. No questions, no objection, just a pawn’s eye view on what the front lines are.
No rousing combat music to get you pumped. No sweeping orchestral fanfares to show the mood.
Just a bunch of desperate soldiers doing what they’re told, all the while playing their favorite music to drown out the screams of the dying.

3 Likes

Which is cool and all, but then you have to think about the viewer being immersed in the story and what is happening, the mentality you propose is one way to look at it, but the music hurt that desperation, it really made the whole thing seem less like a battle and more like a poorly made music video.

But whatever, I guess we all have our own opinions.

So for a limited time they have the 3 compilation movies of the original series on Gundaminfo.

2 Likes

that makes my life slightly easier

somewhat

Gonna have to watch this sometime.

So someone made this.

4 Likes

It’s amazing.

CAN SOMEONE GIVE HIM A MEDAL.

great stuff.

1 Like