Mobr Moc: Toa Pohatu

How to:
Sword

Body:

Pohatu is the leader of my “new” toa team for Mobr.
For more story details: Mobr Episode 1: End and Rise
I know, he, just like the other toa that are coming up are kinda… simplistic.

10 Likes

This looks like a simplified version of the uniter set

7 Likes

It’s not. I actually think it’s worse than the United set in most ways (mostly in that he lacks a function) except for color scheme.
But asides from Gali, mabye, Pohatu is the simplest toa in my reboot. Build wise.

1 Like

Looks nice. Simplistic, of course, but nice!

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I looked at this guy and thought he’d be a lot simpler than he was. Vorox armor on the back just blew my mind because I though it was on the front and you fit the chestplate over it. I like how the Uniter mask looks over the Master chest. I think it’s really cool.

1 Like

Thanks!

I like it, but some of the pictures are a little hard too see, due to brightness.

2 Likes

One picture is bright on purpose

1 Like

He may be simple, but I think the color-blocking is pretty solid. The 2015 chest pieces works quite well with the Uniter mask. A few recommendations:

• The shoulders stick out a bit too much. I recommend either adding some addition shells or using a thinner torso piece.
  • His sword seems rather off-balance and unwieldy. I’d recommend shortening the hilt and adding a pommel.
  • The lower arms and upper legs seems a bit long. Were you aiming to give him a lanky stane?
  • The backs of his legs look a bit bare. How about giving him some simulated musculature with some “telephone” bow pieces?
  • Finally, it’s a bit hard to see the MOC in some shots. If you were to retake photos, I’d recommend trying to find the simplest, cleanest background possible and lighting the MOC with a lot of lamps or very strong diffused natural light.
2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

All I’ll say is that you definitely did not need to do a how-to

3 Likes

I realized that after I had posted this moc

1 Like

He looks a tad bit simple for me, given your Onuka moc, perhaps add something to the shoulders or legs.

1 Like