MOC advice/help

No I’m doing a 3finger/arm(like the 2003 cartoon)

3 Likes

Alright, here’s some close up shots of the arms. Since everything is pretty exposed, it’s pretty easy to figure out what pieces serve what purpose.

The important things are the two mock pistons, which allow 90 degree elbow articulation, (If you only do one mock piston, you will be restricted to straight arms, and full bend.) and the two L swivels on the upper elbow, and the wrist. These swivels end up giving the hands important articulation to face palm up or down, and the elbow swivel gives more range of motion than typical MOCs have. You can fold the arms behind the MOCs back, or even swing them outwards

Photo Dump

5 Likes

I think I can work with this

3 Likes

Using sliders to allow the individual elbows to “overlap” is pretty clever. Does it weaken the arms at all (either when they’re connected or when they’re separate), or is it a fairly robust system?

3 Likes

If the slider you’re referring to is the two extending parts, then no, not really. Out of all the different functions I had to include, that was the least of my worries. I had trouble with the shoulders, elbows, and wrists. In general, these kinds of arms are only problematic when split.

3 Likes

having some trouble with seeing how to make it. is it possible you can do a step by step? this is what I was able to get to so far

3 Likes

I don’t have the time right now to do a full breakdown. The images I sent are 100% enough information to make a complete replica. If you can figure it out without the need of a step by step, you’ll be better for it.

Right now, the best advice I have is to copy the images exactly. Don’t try to substitute pieces, don’t try to cut corners or hack it, just copy it. Once you have a complete replica, and understanding, you can make modifications. These arms are strict. If something is off, they will not work.

If it’s a matter of not even having the necessary pieces, then let me know, and I might have a solution. Like I said though, you have over a dozen angles to study, you have what you need.

3 Likes

can you at least tie me what the part is here (blue)

3 Likes

A blue pin axel.

4 Likes

im currently trying to find a part that can hold part number 32028 but it doesn’t slip out easily. its for a function to give sorting im working on a similar ability to wolverine

2 Likes

Could you post any pictures of the build? It might be easier to come up with a solution with more context of the goal.

2 Likes

I’m experimenting with purist use of the limited amount of sand blue Bionicle pieces, namely on Mata builds.
Screenshot 2024-02-20 160219
This is my attempt to use some of Thok’s parts. Could this pass as a scarf of sorts, or does this make more sense as a bandolier?
Screenshot 2024-02-20 160231

3 Likes

I think I got something working I just need help with making the elbow work with this build(it has the ability to split in half so that’s why theres 2 ball joint elbows. can someone help with it

2 Likes

I think it could pass, I would add something to the other side of the neck to represent the scarf. Also maybe you could use the metru joint on the back part to have it be able to move more fabric like.

3 Likes

What do you need help with? I can tell you’re trying to replicate the mechanisms of @Krelikan’s General Grievous arm design, but there’s not really enough here to know what’s wrong with your version.

2 Likes

im trying to have it so it can bend like a normal arm without needing to split

2 Likes