MOC advice/help

So I'm trying to replicate the torso of this character without the shoulder loops, without any success. I tried using 2 Toa Metru chest plates and one of Tahu Stars' gold armor pieces in order to make that "V" shape the torso has when it tapers at the waist but I keep getting stuck designing a custom skeleton to incorporate such a shape.

Anyways, any tips/building methods would be most welcome.

Which character?

Sorry, the link broke I guess. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/2/2e/Selendis_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081026013920

Maybe do something like that to make the v-shape, with the Stars armor and the Bohrok eye.

Just throwing it out there, if I remove that front armor shape from the image, his body closely resembles a Toa Metru upper body.

For a custom body, you could put the new Bionicle armor clip-ons under his arms to go down the sides of his body.

moved to lego creations topic, since it is more of advice on moccing

anyway maybe this torso design might work?

Hmm...Thanks. Though, I'm looking for something just like that but with a bit more "bulk" and with smaller shoulders, if that makes sense.

1 Like

so would you prefer a soft, made out of Mahri tubes type of shoulder? Also, the shoulder spikes of the moc can be splayed out.

Yeah, pretty much a mix between your design and DarkTakanuva's.

1 Like

You should leave this stuff to me and Nyran.

5 Likes

Lol, huh?

head for the hills.

4 Likes

So in all the years that I've been MOCing I never was good at making custom torsos, specifically large ones. Does anyone have any tips? Oh, and I also tend to use Inika lower torsos a lot.

2 Likes

The best way is to take a piece of non-torso armor and all the moving parts (neck, arms, waist and legs), then connect them. Other than that, all you need is practice. :smile:

I know that isn't a lot to go on, but that's all I can say without micromanaging your build. Good luck!

1 Like
Body frames
3 Likes

This is something experimental I just cooked up. I tried to make it as poseable as possible without sacrificing sturdiness.

Link to the LDD file: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=560211

Also edited the previous frame for a smaller figure. Feel free to use it if you want but please give credit.

LDD: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=560211

3 Likes

What about using upper and lower Inika torso parts while also being fairly custom?

@JMP Hey can you send me some close-ups of that figure's torso from different
angles? I really like it and want to draw some inspiration from it

Double posts are double posts, even if they're several days apart. Sorry. --John Smith

Inserted @ mention. @Sevrix_the_Hybrid, if you wanna reply to something new without double posting, simply edit your previous post and tag the person you're replying to either by quoting them or @ing 'em. -legomaster #DoubleModEdit

unfortunately, the MOC was dismantled. @ghost8o has the exact body design, which I've discontinued, but I do have schematics, just not now

its a pretty mediocre body design, I gotta redesign the moc I have with it at one point.

I've started to get into making MOCs, but I have an issue with the CCBS torsos, the shoulders.

Is there a piece that has the shoulders of this, but is the same height as the bigger torso piece that I can't find a picture of. :rage:

No, all the bigger torso parts have the expanded shoulders with ball joints. Sorry.

1 Like