Moc: Ekimu and Makuta, lords of Okoto

Yesterday I built amd posted these two, last night I took them apart and revamped them, now I bring you the Lords of Okoto.

Ekimu, lord of creation.

And Makuta, lord of control.

The prior versions of these two looked okay in certain ways, but overall weren’t great, I think these two are fantastic.

Ekimu is probably my favorite out of the two, he looks as epic as he does in Journey to One, but doesn’t have the awkward design choices of his mask maker set.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think Makuta is great though, he’s bulkier than Ekimu, and thanks to his mask, he has a lot more attitude than Ekimu.

If you’re interested, here’s their video on youtube.

Thank you for your time, and for the feedback that helped me improve them this much.

24 Likes

Makuta is too gold.

add in more purple.

same issue with ekimu; add more light blue

5 Likes

These still have a majority of the problems that the previous versions had. Too much gold, and slightly gappy. Fix those two problems and they will be great.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m blind, but could you point out the gaps? I’m really not seeing them.

The neck and shoulder areas are gappy. The torso piece and the head have a gap in between them automatically because of the uniter torso, but a hordika neck can fix that. To fix the shoulders, I don’t know. Just try stuff and see if something works. Hopefully this helps with the gaps. (and pointing them out) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I bring the head much closer it won’t have nearly as much movement. And I don’t think I’d call that extremely gappy.

Yeah, I probably could’ve used a better word there, perhaps slightly would be a better word.
This piece would also work for the neck gap.

(This would fix the problem, and keep articulation. :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

I think that the chest is the problem. If the chest had some trans then it would help break up the over abundant gold.

1 Like

They both need more of there trans colors, and Makuta’s shoulders are a little to bulky in my opinion (almost like he’s wearing a winter coat), I think the golden version of the skull villain add on would work better. Other than that, they look great, especially what you did for Ekimu’s hips, very creative.

1 Like

Ekimu has a ribcage on his back, EKIMUISEVILCONFIRMED!!??!

You fix some of the problems of the first two, still think the necks are a bit thin but other than that they’re pretty good.

2 Likes

Made me laugh, I added the unity piece higher up to at least give the illusion that it’s not as bad, I tried adding a lego tire around the neck, but it limited articulation too much.

I’ve got the gold skull villain shoulders, once I get two more trans-purple shells I’ll switch it over.

Any ideas on how I could add some onto the chest?

swap out the Rocka 4.0 chests for something else?

1 Like

I dont know if its the camrea angle but their head look way too back for their chest.

Unless I use ribcage pieces, there’s nothing else in their trans colors.

@nexolo I said the same thing in the last post of them.

Well, the easiest 2 options is change Makootie’s purple to solid purple, and use the Voltix chestplate, and use Ekimu 2016’s chestplate for Ekimu,

ngl i dont see much diference

Nice MOCs, but they seem like clones of each other.

1 Like

I like how you used the Tahu arm connection build. That is one build that I use a lot. I might get some more parts so that I can build these two.

1 Like

Ekimu and Makuta are nearly identical. I worked in as much difference as I could between the two with the amount and style of armoring, but since they are originally so similar, I wanted them to retain that similarity.

It is a very useful design, and will probably be my primary one from now on. Let me know if you do, I’d be interested in seeing them and any changes you might make.

1 Like