Moc: Ekimu and Makuta

Ekimu and Makuta, the mask maker brothers of Okoto.

Seeing as most of you already know their story, I won’t bore you with another retelling of it, instead I’ll just give you the pictures.

I think they came out really good, and I’m pretty proud to have them.

If you’re interested, here’s their video on YouTube.

Thank you for your time.

29 Likes

They’re ok.

I feel like they need more of their accent colors, and with better distribution. I know their main colors are good, but I feel like there’s a bit too much of it here on these models.

Plus their necks are quite awkward.

Otherwise these look pretty good.

5 Likes

Really Cool!

1 Like

I feel the necks are to long

1 Like

I don’t like them, the necks are too long, the chest looks really awkward, they are complete clones of each other, Ekimu was wider when protector sized you could buff up those chests, and why are Makuta’s lower arms solid purple instead of transparent purple, the part exists. They way their arms attach is really problematic, it wouldn’t be hard to change that out for proper shoulders, and I think they should have shoulder armor like most of the other sets instead of just clipping the armor to the arms.

2 Likes

I know the part exists, there are three of them on him, but I only have four, so I needed to improvise.

As for the necks, they aren’t too long, they just appear to be based on the design. And to adress your clone comment, Ekimu and Makuta are exactly the same besides their secondary color and masks.

The reason Ekimu isn’t bulky unlike my last version, is because as seen in the journey to one season two teaser for Ekimu, he’s designed to be slim. Lastly, from my experience, the shoulders aren’t problematic at all, and allow for more expressive movements in the shoulders. Besides those points I agree with what you said.

I do want to revamp them when I have more parts for it, but they’ll likely still be nearly identical, seeing as they are my versions of them.

Okay so if the necks aren’t “too long” then the issue should be called “they’re too skinny” like their heads are on sticks.

They don’t have to be clones, and in the Ekimu teaser for JTO he looks like he’s built different.

The complaint is there because the rest of the MOC looks bulky, every CCBS shells on the limbs have armor plates thickening them, if you want Ekimu to look slim like in JTO you should get rid of some of them.

Well technically correct they’re attached by having two balljoints connected and then plugged into the arm and a classic hand socket, it affects rotation, it does allow expression of shoulders but that could be done with shoulder armor I guess you’re right.

1 Like

I’ve taken a lot of your points, though I might have seemed defensive, and I do agree that shoulder armor would be significantly better, and yeah, I didn’t properly go for the slim look.

At this point I’m skipping sleep to try and fix them, I’ll probably save the torsos for something else.

Yeah sorry about that, I was a bit aggressive.

1 Like

It’s cool, I’m glad you spoke up, now they’ll hopefully be better because of it. The one issue I face now though, is that I’m not sure how to make a chest look good with the Uniter torso, without using the Uniter chest plate.

A lot of people are saying that they don’t like how they necks are so thin. Personally I am fine with that, it complements their rather thin look they have going for them. The problem I have, is that they look a little too far back, almost like they got punched in the face and it moved their neck to behind their shoulders. If it could be brought forward a little it would fix the issue.

Others have commented on the overwhelming amount of gold and I agree that they need more accents to help them stand out more. I would love for those protector chest pieces on the forearms to be trans blue and purple but alas that can’t happen.

1 Like

That would be beautiful.

I think they would benefit from less gold and more of their respective accents.

Though I quite like the hammers!

1 Like

Most everyone has already got to the main points regarding the neck and colors. Maybe put a smooth tire around the neck joint (I’m assuming it’s a Glatorian neck, by the looks of it). Otherwise pretty solid MOCs, looking forward to the updated versions.

1 Like

I think that it’s too lanky, and that the chest is really awkward.

1 Like

i like this but i really dislike the armour piece used as a chest

Good MOCS, but they’re a bit gappy, they need more of the accent colors, and the neck piece should be replaced with a hordika neck. Besides that, great MOCs.

1 Like

Honestly the updated versions look like they were made by someone different entirely.

Will you still post pictures?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll make a new post for them later today.

1 Like