MOC: Okotan Great Ape

Residing in the jungle region of Okoto, Okotan Great Apes live peaceful lives in amongst the rainforest undergrowth. Great Apes are fairly docile, only using their immense strength to protect their families and homes from danger.

Interestingly, Great Apes will also protect and defend lonely Okotan villagers. There are many tales of children getting lost in the undergrowth for days on end, only to be returned safely and gently by a doting, lone Ape. Some put this down to a sense of kindred the Apes perceive between themselves and Okotans, while others joke that they simply don’t want Okotan children causing a ruckus in their nests.

85 Likes

this is real gud 10/10

2 Likes

Any way you could show us what happens if you turn the gear?

The face, and everything else as well actually, definitely nails the gorilla look.

3 Likes

No the memes, THE MEMES!!! Get outta here before you ruin this great moc.

3 Likes

Haven’t got a video, but essentially the cams cause the shoulder-blades to rock back and forth, simulating the motion of a gorilla walking on all fours :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love that head.

1 Like

“Resist mentioning Harambe, you must.” - Distraxx 2016

Jokes aside, this is a pretty cool Ape. I don’t have any problems with it.
10/10

3 Likes

people mentioning harambe when all I can think about is

#Maximals maximize!

8 Likes

Harmabe didn’t die… he just transcended realities.

Anyways, I LOVE this MOC… - For sure, one of the best animals out there.

Well, that’s just prime…

5 Likes

This is spectacular, Logan! The custom head is really incredible. Such excellent piece choices to make a pretty accurate face of a gorilla. All around construction for the body is pretty good too. I’m guessing the function is raising the arms up, correct?

1 Like

This is a great moc but have you thought of getting black pieces for the mechanism as it wouldn`t stand out as much

also, could you scale this up for skull island as that would be really cool

1 Like

I’m surprised you haven’t started a big 'ol argument dealio.

That booty is just grand…

1 Like

Superb as always. The shaping and utilization of parts here is remarkable as is your ability to implement a function without sacrificing aesthetics.

2 Likes

Shame, would’ve loved to see that. That’s quite something else compared to the usual turn-a-cog-and-the-arm-will-turn-vertically system. Really impressive!

1 Like

Mmm mmm dat head is :ok_hand:

1 Like

Excellent MOC. The appearance and construction of it is amazing.

1 Like

Great design. And I’m impressed that you managed to put in a function.

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

This I like

1 Like

surprise that no one point out the expose gear box as a con
The shaping and appearance is amazing, but it does scream “Bionicle G2” aside from the somewhat “mechanical” pieces (silver pieces).