MOC: Toa Verik

Been meaning to do a Metru-style MOC for a bit, and finally bit the bullet and did it. Presenting Toa Verik, Toa of Air!

He’s got twin axes that are perfect for cutting enemies down to size. Also, he’s got ball joints added to the upper arms to give him extra mobility. He’s got a Pakari and black hands because 1) I thought it looked cool and 2) I didn’t have any decent Metru green masks and silver masks would make him look too Nidhiki.

On his back he has parts to hold his axes, freeing up his hands and giving him a more imposing silhouette.

His axes can also have an alternate mode in which they act as glider wings (he’s a Toa of Air, he should be able to fly, or at least glide) and a different kind of weapon.
Anyway, hope you all like him!

10 Likes

First of all, welcome to the boards!
This is cool! I like the Visorak legs on the Rahkshi limbs, it’s something that I don’t see very often but really adds a lot of detail to a MOC. The blades are also a neat concept, it reminds me of G2 Lewa with the axes. I also appreciate that you kept the gear function of the Metru torso, I wish more people did that when building with that. You’ve got a pretty solid build here, keep it up!

4 Likes

Welcome.

While rather basic, the overall aesthetic of the model is very nice, although the width of the shoulders definitely stands out.

5 Likes

Those look kind of tonfa-like.

3 Likes

@Minethuselah Thanks!

Honestly, I just think the gear function is neat.

@Ghid

Yeah, it kinda does. I tried to use a smaller axle to connect the shoulders to the gears in the torso and get rid of that space, but it ended up making the arms look a bit too long.

I replaced the gray pieces between the torso and shoulder with black gears, but if you have any advice to fix that gap I’d be happy to hear it. Just want to make this MOC look good, y’know?

3 Likes