Moc Umbra

26 Likes

That’s an impressive use of crawler tracks! I like this design a lot. It reminds me of Transformers with the extra treads on the legs.

3 Likes

I like the use of gold instead of yellow. Its a subtle thing, but makes him more cohesive design overall

6 Likes

Treads with toes is something I would’ve never considered for Umbra, although the treads running up his legs is definitely a vibe. However this makes his lower legs significantly chonkier than any other part of his body, which looks strange in comparison to the slim, muscular torso he’s got, which is also quite nice.

Overall though, it’s an interesting approach to the character, and outside of the legs the shaping and parts selection for this guy is fantastic. There’s very little that needs improving to complete the aesthetic, and it’s a significant improvement over the original set.

Nice work!

5 Likes

The tread/foot/leg combo is super cool, but I’m not sure about the colour scheme change; I’ve always seem Umbra as being fairly bright.

3 Likes

I like the big tread legs, looks like cargo pants. Lowkey imagine this guy moving like a particular scene from transformers. As takutanuva said, the yellow to gold is a nice tone down that makes him more cohesive. Good job!

4 Likes

Very nice

3 Likes

This is a neat build and uses the treads really well (and anything that has treads is cool in my book), but I can’t help but feeling that the wheels/skates on the original worked better as feet. I’m not sure about the tread-Heelys combined with the toes here–it looks like he’d pitch forward if he started going fast. Also, I think reincorporating the original yellow would make the whole build pop more. The gold gets kinda lost.

Neat work anyway, and Umbra revamps aren’t something I see often. Good job!

3 Likes