MOC WIP: some sort of inventor/adventurer

So this is going to be a female adventurer/inventor with two mechanical arms on her back. If anyone has any tips for improvment or where to go from here please feel free to tell me.

I’ll post the complete MOC when it is done.

UPDATE

So i have made a new leg design and want to know which one looks better.

tell me what you think

25 Likes

Those legs look a bit short for the torso you’ve got going on.

2 Likes

i think it works when you look at it in realm life but i’ll see what i can do. Thanks

What’s weird is they look correctly proportioned in the back shot, but too short in the front shot. Oooooh, I get it now. The torso armor appears to go a lot higher than the shoulders, which makes the torso too long. So it looks fine from the back, where I’m looking at the shoulders as a measure for the torso, but weird from the front, where I’m looking at the armor.

1 Like

yeah i see that too. Did not realise that.

1 Like

I suggest using the bone pieces from the skull sets of 2015 for the robot arms. Keep it simple. People usually go a bit overboard with their robot arms these days. One thing I also recommend is having a packing storage ability for the arms as well. From what I can tell, it should be doable.
Enjoy my 2¢.

1 Like

thank you and i actualy had something like that in mind. Your 2 cents are apreciated.

Change the upper legs. They look weird for me.

Call her the Inventurer! I like the over all design but the shoulders are a bit odd. Scratch that, I thought something else was the shoulders.

1 Like

lol ok

how should i change them?

Most of the times, the upper legs need to be simple, because

1. They can look odd.
  2. They can destroy the leg articulation.
    If you want to do some great mocs, be sure parts like the body or the weapons looks great. Look at this guy:

He have simple CCBS upper legs but he still loks cool.

Here are some great mocs that you can use as inspiration:

This sounds a bit like-

2 Likes

Hm… yes, but I wanted to say that the upper legs aren’t that important.

1 Like

ok i’ll see what i can do. Thanks

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

The feet are a bit weird.