MOCing Seasons?

We all go through the occasional MOCing block/mini dark age, but I was wondering: is there a specific time of year/month/season that you guys are more inclined to build in? Do you build a lot in winter because it’s super cold outside (if you live up north)? Or are you a prolific builder during the summer months because school’s out and you’ve got more free time? Or are you like me and you build a lot right before a convention (#deadlines)?

7 Likes

My inspiration to build usually peaks around February or March, as I am well into new semesters in those months that I feel the most creative. That “season” usually ends around August or September as a new semester starts, and the cycle renews itself the following year!

Summer, when I have lots of time and nothing to do, therefore I am forced to be creative…

4 Likes

I typically MOC when we see new sets.

The reason for this is that I have sort of phases of when I am interested in Bionicle. Right now, I’m not as much, so I’m not putting as much money into parts. When new sets are seen, my interest increases and I go back into a Bionicle “mood.” This is when I would start MOCing again.

3 Likes

i have no university in summer so i have like 2 months free to moc on days when i dont have anything to do otherwise. and like @FordianL_at_the_BCC said my creativeness is in its prime through till september

I usually MOC during the winter, spring, and summer breaks from school, simply because I have a lot of time to just sit down and come up with ideas, plus I’m not usually under the stress of stuff like school. Though I have noticed that I MOC a lot more during the winter and spring. I’m not sure why, though I assume it’s because I don’t have as much time as the summer, so I have less time to become burnt out of ideas.

1 Like

Looking back, I seem to MOC a lot more around the summertime, possibly because I just have more time to get out some ideas I’ve been holding.

I usually MOC around summer, because I get super bored and have nothing to do.

Honestly, not really. It mostly depends on when the inspiration comes to me and how long it’s been since I last built a moc.

Although, to be fair, my moccing process is quite a bit different than it was when I was younger. I don’t tend to just sit down for an hour and build; I kind of have to do it on and off for a week or two(in order to make something of quality, anyways).

1 Like

I tend to MOC more a few months after new sets come out when I start getting the parts, around now I’ve been making a whole new batch of stuff.

I’m a sporadic MOCer. I would MOC more in the summer though, if I had more parts, since I’m bored out of my mind currently.

Normally i dont have a laid out system like seasonal but when i do MOC its normally for hours and i will refuse to sleep until im satisfied (kinda like last night). Just get all my MOC energy out at once.

1 Like

I consistently tinker with stuff (mostly old mocs) on almost a daily basis, but I usually go into full-on Moccing mode during and after leak season, like @Joe

I remember one time when I was younger I needed to Moc really badly, lest I forget my ideas next morning… but I didn’t want to wake anyone up or them to know that I was awake so I dimmed the lights (making it harder to see the colours of pieces) and painstakingly tried to make as little noise as possible (pretty hard when all the pieces were on a hardwood floor) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

i am the exact same, its 1:50 am here and i just finished a rahi build ive been working on

2 Likes

I build mostly in the summer. That is when my creations are usually better.

Summer and winter break.
I have plenty of free time.

Really I do fine anytime but spring.
No reason why.