Moctober Week One: Boga-Manas

Hello hello, and welcome to Moctober! This is a little challenge cooked up by someone on the Bionicle Amino, and I’ve decided to give it a go. Each week I have a different prompt, starting with the one that I believe is the most difficult. Without further ado, let’s get into it. Meet Boga-Manas!

Species: Toa (fused)
Element: Water; Plantlife
Kanohi: Thanatu, Great Mask of Undeath
Weapon(s): Staff of Warding
Abilities: Dulled hydromancy; Dulled chlorokinesis; Can return from death once (albeit with significantly reduced mental faculties and physical abilities)
Affiliation(s): Makuta Girin’s Toa Hagah

Once, this beast was actually a pair of noble heroes. These two Toa defended a village in a swamp not far south of Umarak’s jungle. Following the Makuta’s demise, a hoard of Zyglak converged on the village. They came in waves, and though the Toa were able to hold them off at first, they soon realized they couldn’t last forever. In a desperate bid to save their village, they contacted the Under King during a lull in the attacks. Girin gave them strength and power in return for their souls. Desperate, the two Toa agreed.

With their new boost in strength, the Toa were able to overcome the Zyglak’s final assault. It came at a heavy cost, though - both Toa died of their wounds not even hours later. Their souls were now trapped in the Underplane, and Girin decided he would have some fun with them. The crimson Makuta drafted the two into his personal Toa Hagah team. But that’s not all. For no reason beyond cruel enjoyment, he fused the Toa of Water and Toa of Plantlife into a single, monstrous entity he called Boga-Manas, or literally “Swamp Monster”. The fusion’s mental faculties were dulled, her power doubled, and her loyalty unquestionable.

Hope you like the moc! It was very tricky to design, since I needed to make sure I had the parts necessary for the two Toa while building the monster. Here is the prompt list, in case you’re interested:

11 Likes

Where’s the mask on the staff(blue guy) from

1 Like

Ooh this moc certainly looks like a spooky Halloween monster moc. Nice job, I like how you did the challenge and the interesting lore.

2 Likes

oooo very cool!

3 Likes

Rothanak’s stud.io parts park

Thank you both!

2 Likes