Mods To the 2016 Sets

I just got Onua, Lewa and Gali. In my opinion, Onua is fantastic straight out of the box with no mods, but oh my… Lewa and Gali have absolutely terrible proportions. I just added the friction joints to both arm joints to make the arms longer and it seemed to do the trick.

Discuss.

I’m just going to give Lewa these pieces () on his legs, and replace the upper leg with a unit longer piece. His arms are just going to have the bones with two pin holes on them just like last year’s arms. I’ll have him in two days, so if you’re confused hopefully I can get some pictures

3 Likes

Like @Dr_Chronos said, not the best idea. It may be a little overpowering. I would, however, recommend orange 3M armor or any orange armor add ons.

1 Like

I don’t have many as of yet.

-Cover Terak’s, Melum’s, and Ikir’s exposed ball joints
-Put Bohrok eyes or vine pieces on Lewa’s exposed knees
-Cover any exposed holes in the bones with studs
-FIX KETAR’S TAIL. Like seriously, they just took any piece they could find and threw them on to it.
-Elongate the creature’s limbs

2 Likes

Aside from the drastic mods Ketar required, I did some minor mods to Kopaka and Pohatu.

Just switched how the shoulder attaches.

Simply killded the gold knees.

~W12~

3 Likes

Ill be back…in march when I get Umarak, Uxar, and MoC polybag.

2 Likes

I would replace this on tahu

with something like this

I dont know if it would look much better, but some people say that part looks weird, so this might fix it

2 Likes

I actually like Onua’s shoulder pads, they work for him somehow, it is Tahu’s shoulder armor I would change.

I would probably take off the stupid looking skinny blades on the opposite side of his crystal blades and make him hold them like air katanas.

1 Like

The Bohrok eye could also be changed to Dark Azure.

2 Likes

I extended Lewa’s arms, it had to be done cause his arms are like a chickens :laughing:

1 Like

Pohatu Mods
Which one is better? (I’m having trouble deciding.)
Disclaimer: Even though he has 2 weapons, they can be connected, like Tahu’s weapons.
Version 1

Version 2

8 Likes

To all those who said that you were going to “fix” Lewa’s knees, they’re actually not that bad IRL. They line up perfectly, and don’t really jut out. using an 04 y joint would give him crooked legs.

4 Likes

Well I fixed Umarak’s really irritating shoulder pad problem (any creature using the protector torso will clash with the shoulder pads).

#SWAG’S TOTALLY CLEVER MOD HOW TO

1. So first you want to take out Umarak’s shoulder pads, along with the blue pins.
  2. Take the technic bits out, leaving you with the shade trap pieces.
  3. Construct 2 of this:
  4. Apply to the shoulder pads like normal.
  5. Apply shoulder pads onto Umarak.
  6. Now you’re Umarak is Uma-buff. But let’s see how this mod works.
  7. Take any creature you want to slap onto Umarak. I happen to have these 2 okotian mishaps.
  8. Apply creature to Umarak.
  9. As you can see the balljoints on the creature (red) do not collide with the shoulder pads (blue) and as such you don’t have to tilt or move the shoulder pads around.
  10. Have fun as you and your Umarak buddy kill all the protagonists for 2016.

#FIN.
28 Likes

Can you put the crystal armor on her thigh armor? I wanna see how if it’ll make her lower legs too thin or not .3.

2 Likes

THAT IS ALMOST EXACTLY WHAT I DID FOR MY POHATU
Great minds think alike eh?
However, I would recommend replacing the burnt orange on his lower arm with one of the tan pieces that came with his thighs. It looks a tad better and make the tan work better with the overall color scheme.

@SwagMeister That is also genius. Will probably end up using that.

3 Likes

Great idea, I think I will have to try that, however I was trying to keep the burnt orange balanced with the rest of the colorscheme, as well as making the chestplate and the dark tan vorox armor look like scrap metal to give Pohatu the scavenger look.

3 Likes

Because of my utter distaste towards Kopaka 2016, when I buy him I will immediately fit him with these babies.

-completely revamped shield, it actually looks like one and it can shoot.
-changed upper arm build reminiscent of 2015 version, lower arms have white shell
-revamped his quite frankly dumb shins
-notice how there is no silver

So here’s a mock-up of Kopaka, I might have to change my mods a bit obviously because I don’t have him.

13 Likes

Interesting!

1 Like

I’m not sure that I like that mod, while it does kinda balance out the gold, I feel like the vorox armor and the unity pieces on should still be there. IMO it resembles Kopaka master a little too much.

2 Likes