Modularity

Excuse me?

You know that can be considered disrespecting the staff right?

12 Likes

#Aww yehh, episode 12 is here!!!

(another not double post
 weird)

We talk about Avatar: The Last Airbender, so if you haven’t seen the series, then
 spoilers abound!

Thanks again to @MrBlackPants for his awesome Gmod art of us! :smile:

Hope you enjoy!

11 Likes

So, what’re your guys’ least favorite episode, besides the Great Divide, (because, let’s be honest, I think everyone doesn’t like that one)?
And favorite episodes as well?

2 Likes

Sorry I haven’t been in the Modcast as of late, guys.

Family issues and stuff have come about.

10 Likes

Dat @John_Smith and his fabulous pose.

Great as always guys :slight_smile:!

3 Likes

Wait, what happened to the other episodes talking about Bonkle?

3 Likes

They’re spreading them out, one every three episodes.

5 Likes

^

I explained this at the start of episode 11 :stuck_out_tongue:.

Yeah, the next Bonkle gee wun episode will be episode 15, and it’ll be about 2004 - 2006. The last one will be episode 19, and it’ll be about 2007 - 2009.

My least favorite episode would probably be Book 1 Chapter 15, “Bato of the Water Tribe”. Much like the Great Divide, there’s quite a few out-of-character moments that just make the episode kinda hard to re-watch. Though, even then, the battle at the end with Zuko, Aang, and the Bounty Hunter is still really cool.

In terms of favourites
 man, there are so many
 I really like Book 1 Chapter 12, “The Storm”, Book 2 Chapter 7, “Zuko Alone”, and Book 3 Chapter 6, “The Avatar and the Firelord”. I guess I just like backstory episodes :stuck_out_tongue:.

10 Likes

I’m not a big fan of “The Swamp” and “The Painted Lady.” Too hippy-dippy/preachy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to think about faves
there are a ton, and I don’t want to list half the episodes.

5 Likes

Yeah, those episodes are pretty heavy-handed
Also
.[quote=“John_Smith, post:571, topic:21126”]
Too hippy-dippy/preachy.
[/quote]
Perfect description! ha ha :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I liked a lot of aspects from The Great Divide. The world building and morals/lessons stand out especially despite the fact that the episode itself didn’t really advance the main plot much.

Honestly, I don’t really think their are any bad episodes of ATLA. Just eps that
 aren’t as good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, not quite sure about this one. My sister and I are planning to watch through ATLA again this summer, so I should be able to formulate a more concise opinion on favourite/least favourite episodes.

Fair point. I understand Aang’s uncharacteristic withholding of information in Bato of the Water Tribe, but what moments from The Great Divide are you referring to?

I can understand The Swamp (that freak tornado was never properly explained). That being said, that ep did have it’s comedic moments. I can understand what you mean about The Painted Lady, but yet again, there’s lots of elements that I like in that episode (Katara’s characterization, the Fire Nation military’s carelessness for the citizens they’re bound to protect).

1 Like

I’d have to agree with John. The Painted Lady was just really eh, and was kinda out of place for Katara.

As far as favorite episodes go? I’d need to spend a bit more time on that. (Plus I haven’t really seen the series in a few years.)

2 Likes

No episode is without good elements, but the cliché preaching in those particular episodes irritates me too much for me to be able to enjoy them as a whole. =/ They present a very one-sided view of things, which Avatar is usually good about not doing.

1 Like

How do you think it was out of place?

Hmmm, I’m gonna have to take a closer look at those eps.

1 Like

IDK, it doesn’t seem like Katara to blow up factories.

4 Likes

Fair enough.

What about Indigogeek?

1 Like

Indi’s been busy with graduation/school stuff for the past few weeks. He’ll be back soon :smile:.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has suggested this already, but I think it would be cool if you guys all shared your experiences on how you encountered TTV.

1 Like

I mean, that’s kind of the first episode :stuck_out_tongue:.

6 Likes

Didn’t start at episode 1. My fault entirely :joy:.

6 Likes