Monopoly’s Lariska WIP

I really like this build, I think the torso is great I like how compact you’ve been able to get it. Sorry I’ve got no ideas for her head or arm

1 Like

Honestly, I think the head is fine; it just looks like a headdress of some sort. Those technic panels on the ‘ears’ come in teal too, so it could be a good way to work more of the colour in.

1 Like

Artakha has them

3 Likes

you forgot a part

Yeah I omitted it because ultimately it’s pointless and doesn’t make sense. Why would you need to “reasonably” explain part usage? Here, I have a reasonable explanation: the character is made of Lego. These are Lego pieces.

8 Likes

I actually really like the look of the head. The shaping is really unique without looking bad or goofy.

The one change I would make to the rest of the model is to add more teal. I’m not really sure how you’d do it, and I don’t see many opportunities for simple colourswaps, but I think it’s needed.

I’d consider them more like “proto-CCBS”.

But at the end of the day, their exact classification doesn’t matter nearly as much as what they actually look like, and they definitely have similarities to the general appearance of CCBS shells.

I don’t mind it that much, but I’m sure others will.

Huh, I had seen them more as horns; either way, they’re my favourite part of this head design.

Artakha.

I’m interested to know your “reasonable explanation” for their use on Artakha that couldn’t also be applied to Lariska.

2 Likes

Ehhhh … I prefer the ears over this. This looks oversized in an awkward way, while the ears were oversized in a more natural and organic way.

2 Likes

I feel you… As much as the flickr statue MOCs can look amazing, they’re usually held together by hopes and prayers. Posability can add a lot (which you’ve very effectively shown off here), and I think it shows a lot of skill and can be much more of a challenge to build something that looks great while still being structurally sound.

Lariska looks great here! I personally really like the head design, even if it is a tad large. If you can somehow keep that silhouette while making it smaller that would be amazing. I’m also a big fan of the feet (those gears come in teal???) and the extra posability works fantastically for an agile character.

I used to be part of the anti-CCBS crowd until I actually started MOCing with it and found out just how useful a lot of the pieces are when combined with G1. I agree with the sentiment that it can sometimes look out of place, but when used well I think it can compliment the G1 aesthetic (more piece variety is always good, and they are much sturdier). In this case I think it looks really cohesive!
I may be slightly biased there though as all of my recent MOCs have involved some element of CCBS.

Overall great work!

4 Likes

Temporary teal ears, just to see what the colour placement looks like. I also shrunk the head down. This is definitely not final, simply a concept for how the ears could work.

I also gave her a proper mechanical arm. Much bulkier, and it also has a working piston.

9 Likes

I like these additions a lot better now, nice work!

1 Like

Teal gears are from Jungle Slizer/Amazon:

2 Likes

I really like how lean this is, she looks like she’d be a bugger to actually catch during a fight. I also liked the headcrest, reminds me of one of the xenomorph variants! Plus Bionicle has always a had a little bit of a ‘weird’ factor.

I imagine there will be some minimum rule about teal, but I would be happy for something like this as well.

2 Likes

I think these ears are an improvement but the arm is a little bit to cluttered

1 Like

I think the clatter works in selling the idea of a robotic arm. Especially if The Shadowed One wanted to really punish her for… whatever she did.

2 Likes

Wait it was never mentioned?

No I don’t think it was. I don’t have any luck finding out

This is by far the best Lariska I’ve seen so far. I really like the acrobatic feminine physique, and although it’s not permanent, I’m glad the head design isn’t dreadfully ugly.

2 Likes

Cool moc though she needs bigger more bulky upper torso and maybe some slight shoulder armour. I like that head

2 Likes