More Lego Movies Confirmed

According to sources at The Hollywood Reporter, these films, which are dated for Memorial Day weekends in 2018 and 2019, are in fact LEGO films. If true, they would join Ninjago and The LEGO Movie 2 as upcoming LEGO movies. The same insiders do say additional sequels to The LEGO Movie are planned, but whether those are associated with any of the two new release dates is unknown.

Ninjago is spinning into theaters on September 23, 2016.

The LEGO Movie 2 is planned for release on May 26, 2017.

Two currently untitled LEGO films have been dated for May 25, 2018 and May 24, 2019.

Source; Two More ‘Lego’ Movies Get Release Dates – The Hollywood Reporter

While speculation is currently quite massive on what these films could be my personal guesses would be that the 2018 date would be ‘Bionicle’ while the 2019 date would be for ‘The LEGO movie 3’

With the Hero Factory movie that was originally planned at universal likely being cancelled the chances of a film being made by Warner Bros instead with Hero Factory being replace with a Bionicle film are quite high.

A runner-up for a live-action film would probably be a sequel to Ninjago or Legends Of Chima.

Let me know your thoughts on what these movies could be…

4 Likes

those would be my guesses too.

1 Like

bionicle 2015 the animated series on CN
the movie

Make it happen!

Edited for Double Post -Nyran

I’d love to see that Bionicle movie. Would this mean its at least running 3 years? or maybe we got 5 years confirmed at that. Just think about it

The first Bionicle movie came out in 2003 around 2-3 years after the first Bionicle sets were released, so it would fit into the timeline that if a live-action movie (Similar to ‘The Lego Movie’) was being made for the revived Bionicle then it would be in 2018, 2-3 years after the sets released. Similar to the theories by the TTV members, chances are that they’ll be some form of associated media for Bionicle and a movie would be the best situation.

As for how long the revived Bionicle will run for, I cannot say, however I would expect a minimum of 5 years as Hero Factory survived 5 years.

I eagerly await these movies.

Forgot i made this topic, but for the sake of remaining accurate, it needs an update :stuck_out_tongue:

update

February 10, 2017
The Lego Batman Movie

September 22, 2017
Ninjago has moved released dates from September 23, 2016 to September 22, 2017

May 18, 2018
The LEGO Movie 2 has moved release dates from May 26, 2017 to May 18, 2018

Unknown
The Billion Brick Race has been announced

===

In my theory, the pushback of Lego Ninjago’s movie could be because of a separate film taking its release date in 2016. Alternatively this is caused by the Lego Batman Movie - however i speculate we will end up seeing something Lego related in 2016.

that’s

that’s my 21st birthday

#WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like