Mr. Makuro (MOV)

Akiyama Makuro

Species: Bota Magnan Vorox
Notable possessions: Stinger tail spear, robe
Pieces: 129

Akiyama of Clan Makuro is a relatively younger Vorox, born on Bota Magna after the events of the Shattering. While others of his people came to blame the catastrophe on their former over-reliance of technology, he never subscribed to that belief. Instead, he believed simply that the Shattering occurred because there were no peacekeepers around to prevent it. When Spherus Magna was reformed, he learned of the beings called Mata Nui and Makuta, who were destined to save his world, and the Toa, the heroes of the Matoran, and felt his beliefs validated.

Of course, with only a small number of Toa emerging from the old world into the new one and with death being a certainty that all beings must face, Akiyama grew increasingly concerned that the Toa would not be around to guard the peace for much longer, and so he went on to create Hero Factory, an organization which would create bio-mechanical soldiers–while lacking the elemental affiliations of a Toa, these heroes would fill the void where Toa cannot reach.

Trivia

• Akiyama does not necessarily wear a Kanohi Komau (even if he did, as a Vorox he would be unable to access its powers). I chose this mask simply because I feel that it’s the closest approximation to the original character’s face.
  • Since the original character explicitly has a first and last name, I made his last name a clan name to get around Bionicle’s otherwise entirely mononymous nomenclature.
18 Likes

You know, I always imagined Mr. Makuro as being Takanuva, but this interpretation is really interesting too.

6 Likes

Nice part use of Mata foot as legs :smiley:

4 Likes

Hmmm… does that mean, the non-feral Vorox have pseudo-Japanese names? Maybe even pseudo-Japanese villages?

Hmm… 秋山(Akiyama), かぶら (Kabura)…

2 Likes

I misread this as monogamous at first and was quite confused.
Good job on making a purist Glatorian with tan armour.

2 Likes