My Art Interpretation Of Artakha (Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet The Maker, Part 2 (Art))

Thanks again everyone for the kind compliments! I really appreciate it and it makes me feel part of a community, which is actually a big deal for me since I’ve never been apart of message boards for anything before.

Can’t wait to see more cool art from others! And can’t wait to see the winner at the end of all this too!

I’m glad somebody noticed the origami aspect in this!

The mask is of the power of creation, so I intentionally made the look of it seem as if it also was of “creation” with the folded look and all. You can even say the simplicity of it, or “bland” identity as you put it, is in a way also meant to convey the unexpected power hidden within the mask itself.

Think of it as a “don’t judge a book by its cover” philosophy. I don’t believe every mask has to be too obviously majestic and physically presentable looking. Some can just look like a seemingly ordinary face sometimes, or perhaps bizarre and otherworldly too.

But also I find the personal humor in this design. A mask capable of wonderous creations is itself a creation by the great beings, but not necessarily the most glamorous creation from them. It’s almost as if the mask was blatantly the actual first creation of both the beings and the power within the mask, a first attempt of actual creation.

Despite what I said, the mask is still an original design with rune designs gold coloring to keep that legendary kanohi vibe. This is also meant to show how the mask is not of the same origin as Artakha, since he won it after beating his brother Karzahni but wasn’t “born” or made with it.

Again, these are things I should’ve mentioned in the original post but I didn’t truly trust my capability to explain my idea well through written words. I’m sure these descriptions will be confusing as well, oh well I tried haha.

3 Likes

wait that was intentional???
woah.

2 Likes

Like a true and proper comic from the early 2000s, this one rocks!

1 Like