My Bionicle Book Series

Here is the first chapter of a new Bionicle book I’m working on:

CHAPTER 1: TAHU TOA OF FIRE

Where am I? Who am I?

Those were the two questions that ran through his head. A biomechanical being laid in the sand of a gorgeous white beach. His glowing, blue eyes open for the first time in so many years, although he remembered nothing before, he couldn’t remember anything.

A single word floated around in his clouded mind.

Tahu.

What could that mean? A word? A name? After thinking on it for a little while, he decided to take that as his name.

Then images flickered in his mind, frightening images of himself, with the sound of thunder booming around him. He had been having this nightmare and other dark dreams for a millennium. But where they just nightmares, or memories?

His mechanical parts were scattered all around him. The only parts intact being his head, upper half of his torso, and his left arm. He was gunmetal grey in color, muscles connecting his parts together, although they were small and frail, atrophied from over a millennium of suspension. He looked out into the distance and saw a beautiful blue ocean stretching out as far as the eye could see. He looked up into the sky and saw the sun, its warmth felt good to him, it felt right. He slowly sat up, his incomplete arm supporting him. He looked to his right and saw lying on the beach and partially in the water, the gleaming, silver canister from which his parts had spewed out of minutes ago after it had washed up on the shore. It was cylindrical, twenty feet long and eight feet in diameter.

Knowing what he had to do, although he had no idea how he knew, he attached the piece for his right shoulder where it was supposed to go, and he shuddered when he felt the muscles connect to the ice cold metal. Then he felt the warmth of his muscles heating up and fusing to the metal part, this felt much better. He already discovered one thing about himself, he couldn’t stand cold. Not. One. Bit.

He continued to attach his scattered parts to himself, the incredibly awful sensation of cold steel touching warm flesh was something he would just have to endure. First his right thigh, then his left index finger, then his left leg, and then his right foot, and a couple of toes for that foot. As he finished putting on the final piece, the pinkie finger of his right hand, he stood straight up, but to his surprise, it was somewhat difficult.

His muscles quivered as they lifted him up, he could feel and even hear the small mechanical pieces rattle a little bit inside him as he shook. When he finally stood, his legs were shaking ever so slightly under the weight of his own body. He tried to take a step and stumbled, almost falling over. He tried to move his head, his metal cranium weighing heavy upon his neck. As he turned he saw two swords sticking out of the ground, the tips buried in the sand. They had black handles and dull silver blades. He stood up and walked over to one of them, his legs struggling to get a proper foothold in the loose sand without falling over. Once he reached the sword, he lifted his heavy right hand, grabbed the handle, and attempted to lift. To no surprise, once he got it out of the sand it felt heavy and awkward, so much so that he let it drop blade down back into the sand.

Figures, he thought.

He noticed he was missing his right kneecap, which he found out was still inside the canister. He walked over to the sterling silver container and found the dark gray metal piece right at the edge of the opening. He kneeled over and picked it up. While kneeling, he remembered to keep his right leg up so that he could put the piece where it went. Once the part became fused to his leg by organic muscle, he stood up. It was much easier this time since his leg was now complete, although he still felt weak.

All of the sudden, a faint humming noise filled his ears, he slowly turned his head to the right and saw something glowing in the sand, a bright crimson light. He walked over to it, this time much easier to maintain his balance, and saw that it was a glowing red mask. As he bent down he nearly plummeted into the sand, his left hand on the ground to stop his fall. Cautiously, he picked up the mask and looked at it. The mask was smooth and sleek, it had 3 horizontal slash like vents on each cheek, an oblong shaped mouth opening, and a small, single horizontal vent on the top. He turned it around and looked at the inside, and after he was done examining it, he decided to try it on.

Once the mask touched his face, the scarlet glow slightly intensified, causing him to hesitate. Curious at what would happen, he cautiously put the mask on. Then the glow enveloped his entire body. At that very moment, he could see and feel his muscles triple in size. Knight-like armor materialized onto his body, and his metallic skin changed from a dark grey, to a brilliant scarlet, and some of his newfound armor was dazzling gold. His shock at his sudden transformation was temporarily overshadowed by the fact that he wasn’t struggling to stand anymore, in fact, his metal body parts, once feeling as heavy as lead, now felt as light as air. He brushed this fingers against the surface of his mask, he could almost feel the power surging within.

Curiosity then spurred in his mind. he walked back over to one of the swords, gripped the handle once again, and gently pulled, the sword came out with ease. The moment he touched it, the sword began to change color as well. When it was in the ground, it was dull silver with a black handle, when he held it in the air, the blade became a shining gold, and the handle became lined in red leather. Also a centered, vertical section in the blade began releasing sparks, revealing an engraved crimson flame that was based at the bottom of the blade, reached to the top and whisked at the pointed tip. He walked over to the other sword and removed it from the sand, the same change in color occurred.

He brought the swords closer together, the sharp ends of the blades opposite from each other to compare, and he felt them being drawn together like magnets. He pulled them farther apart and the magnetic feeling stopped. Curious, he slowly and cautiously brought them closer together, the magnetic feeling returned and they snapped together with a loud clang, and as soon as that happened, the two handles merged to form one, and the pieces the blades were based on extended outward to form a cross guard. The two swords had merged to form one broadsword.

As he looked at the new weapon, his satisfaction started to fade when he began to wonder why he came to this island with swords in the first place. Then the images from his nightmares began flickering again. He saw flashes of himself standing in a silver room, hearing the crackling of lightning outside. He then saw other images, these involving five other armored figures. The one he remembered best being one in green armor, looking him dead in the eye, almost seeming angry with him. Then the images were gone, filling his head with even more questions. It became overwhelming for him, and his rage exploded from his lungs,

“WHY CAN’T I REMEMBER?!?!?”

Of course, no one answered. He looked out into the distance, he saw a dense jungle at the opposite end of the beach. He began to wonder if there were other people living there. If there was anyone who could help him, if there was anyone who knew something about his past

Only one way to find out. He thought.

He proceeded into the thick forest, ready to find some answers.

Anyway: here it is! please make sure to change it to viewing mode!:

6 Likes

Across the generations, no official lego writer could top this

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Tahu sure loves to yell

Hey guys, the full book is completed if you’d like to read it

2 Likes

I would! (: It certainly seems like good start of good story. A wonderful take on classic beach scene. If other parts are as good as this, the story will be one of best! I wonder what these answers will be. (: This seems to rank alongside the Toa and Bionicle Oracles! Do you have a name for this great series?

1 Like

#YES!

to answer your question, this series will be based off of both G1 and G2 and will try to connect the two in the Mata nui saga,(THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD! venture if you wish!) along with Ekimu having an appearance as a Toa of light in the Metru nui saga and being the son of Arthaka, as well as Ahkmou becoming a Toa of shadow while wearing the mask of conrtol in the Karda nui saga.

1 Like

And now I want to read it even more!

And I’m still debating this in my head, but I may or may not make Jaller the son of Lhikan

2 Likes

Ok 1. Awesome! Ima read it now!
2. You should combine this with the above post so as to avoid being flagged for double posting.

Also, the document appears to be locked, so you’re about to get a ‘request’ email.

My recommendation is either keep it locked, but expect a lot of ‘request’ emails when more people learn of, and want to read this, or unlock it but ensure the ‘no-edit’ rule is up so no trolls can delete/£^{& up your story.