My DC-Verse Minifigure Drawings

#17: Captain Cold

Backstory: Jokingly called ‘Old Man Snart’ by his former teammates, Captain Cold has seemingly gone soft. After being rescued by the former Flash just before his death, Leonard Snart feels honor-bound to help mentor the new Flash, Wally West. He’s tried to lead the Rogues to a more honorable way, but they’re ambivalent at best, and antagonistic at worst. If he’s not careful, Snart might even lose control of the Rogues to an even…shadier character.
Behind the Scenes: As I alluded to with in the Scarlet Speedster, the Flash and his family were actually what started this ‘Nth-Verse’, and Captain Cold is included in that. I always love the stories where Cold becomes an ally of the Flash, so that’s the angle I’ve gone with for this guy.

2 Likes

#18: Shade

Backstory: Richard Swift, also known as the villain Shade, was an up-and-coming crook who came onto the scene of Central City while the Rogues ran rampant. Shade longed to be a part of this team, who he believed to be the peak of crime. Snart would not let him join, because his methods were far too extreme. Seeing the Rogues go straight, Shade grew bitter and started planning. What would it take to lead the Rogues? And how could he steal them from Snart?
Behind the Scenes: Another character concept from way back when, here’s Shade. I think the character of Shade has tons of potential, and that’s why he’s one of the big villains of the Flash portion. I actually based his appearance on that of actor Sacha Dhawan, known for his take on the Master from Doctor Who Season 12. I think he could play this role admirably.

1 Like

Ayy, gotta love Shade. Personally more of a fan of old boye Shade, but this looks interesting too.

1 Like