My first MOC: Hikari Guardian of light

Hikari (Japanese for light) is my first ever created MOC. I know it’s not really anything fancy because I only have a very limited supply of Bionicle parts (meh). Welp but that’s the best I could make out of it. Obviously, its heavily inspired by Takanuva but i tried out a different color sceme (mostly because I dont have a lot of color matching parts) Since this is my first post ever, I don’t really know if I’m supposed to create a back story for this character or something… Anyhow, if I did anything wrong or you have (constructive) criticism feel free to leave a comment!

5 Likes

For your first foray into the world of MOCing i’d say it’s pretty good (then again, there are several people who are vastly better qualified to say that, but I, at least, like it), but there are things that could be improved/changed.

• Overused Avohkii is overused (while overused things are not much of an annoyance to me, about a third of all the constraction MOCs I’ve seen use a silver Avohkii).

• The Hirdika-foot-shoulder-armor looks like it would severely inhibit any/all forward shoulder movement, I’d recommend using those exposed ball-joints on the Metru-hip pieces that are used for his shoulders to ad some proper shoulder-armor, whilst doing away with the Hordika feet.

• there is some minor gappyness in the thigh-armor, I’d recommend the addition of a socket-joint and/or a Bohrok eye to remedy that.

• Also, the black pieces (The aforementioned Metru-hip pieces and the Inika lower-legs) don’t really go all to well with the white.

Like I said earlier, overall, it’s quite nice, but a few thing could stand to be improved.

Also, if any of this sounded offensive/harsh, I would just like to let you know that that was not my intention at all. Any criticism I dish out is meant for constructive purposes, not bashing or hating on a MOC or its creator.

My only gripe.
9/10.

2 Likes

Basic and alright

Thank You for Your comment! As I said, my current number of pieces are extremely limited since I mostly played with ‘regular’ Lego as a kid. And just recently got back into Bionicle again (not because of G2). I’m planning on buying some Bionicle parts on eBay or something, and will try to improve upon your critique.

English is not my native language so sorry if I sound weird at times :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s ok, justchose something low and not pricy and I’m sure you’ll get enough parts

Love the lighting.

this is an excellent first MOC. It reminds me of Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist for some reason, but I don’t know why.

2 Likes

So when I rework it, do I just post the new pictures as comment here or do I have to change the original post with new pictures? Thank You all for the awesome feedback!

1 Like

Looks pretty good.

Ooh, clever.

I know how you feel all too well. :cry:

I really this! I like the staff as well, It looks cool.The torso could be done a bit better, but it doesn’t bug me too much. Good job! :smile:

Hikari Guardian of light

this name brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

you can do whatever,
I prefer when people just make a new post.