My Old Bionicle MOCs

Here are a few of my old MOCs from 2016-2017

I apologise in advance for potato quality

Lets begin with my favourite: Maharu

Toa of Gravity, I ditched the original colours for that element
He’s equipped with a double bladed gravity sword and a force spinning shield

I had so much fun building him and I even designed a custom chest print
On his leg there’s an Umarak the Hunter inspired blade holder and on the back it a place for the shield to attach

My favourite thing about the build is how that 2015 shell attachment piece when attached to the gearbox has just enough room in between for those bent technic connector beams to attach to the body - I wish Ekimu had this

Okay now lets move on to his companion: Topana

Protector of Gravity, his body took me long to figure out what to do with it
He has a shield and a gravity gun
I remember being so proud of painting the protector mask to silver I can’t say the same about the upcoming 2 MOCs

On the back is a slot for attaching either a shield or the gun

Bois in action

Next up is: Whatitiri

Toa of Lightning, he has a thunder sword and shock claws
I wanted to make custom prints for the giant torso piece but I don’t know why I never did it

The first thing I built was the sword and that then gave me an idea of what to do next

The back is kinda generic 2016 inspired and has an attachment for a Protector

I don’t remember what name I gave him RIP

2008 vibes

Next one is: Waikawa

Toa of Acid, she is equipped with a toxic sphere and an acid shield

The red paint on the mask was from another MOC I did way back, it kinda weirdly works here?

She is my second favourite MOC

I made a creature which could be attached to her on the back

I went for a hummingbird design for the creature, her name is Punguru

Epic

Okay those were the Toa, now onto the Okotans

Jaller and Takua

Not proud of the painted masks

I was inspired with Takua’s design by Maqdaddio’s design on Flickr and BZPower

Matoro and Hewkii

Nuparu
I wanted to paint the mask to orange but didn’t have the colour

I gave him a drill with a flashlight (could pass as a mini pistol too) and on the head he has another light

And last but not least is a big bad guy: Materuta

The head was the first thing I made, it’s supposed to take inspiration from those plague doctor masks
For the body that one Mantax body piece that connects his legs with the torso was the first thing I took and built on it to create a shape
I also had 3 Kylo Ren’s so getting the capes wasn’t a problem

The staff and calves were like the last things I made, I was quite surprised with how well the SW constraction figure gearbox neck attachments work perfectly for the lower legs

Bonus: here are a few Shadow Traps

Thank you for reading
I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback in the comments below

28 Likes

Very nice. It’s not often you get to see G2-centric MOCs around here.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Very nice, Maharu is easily my favorite of the gang.

2 Likes

Pretty solid looking CCBS build. The main issue is the gunmetal pads on the legs - not only are they a separate color from everything else; they ruin the shaping from the Brain Attack torsos. I don’t think the friction adders were necessary either.

Also pretty solid, and I like his armor choices more than the previous. Side note, the blue and color scheme is typically used by Toa of Psionics, so that was my first thought as to his element.

Again with the randomly placed gunmetal pieces. In her case it makes her look too masculine. Just the breakout torso piece would have worked better IMO.

Definitely looks the part of a bad guy. I like the staff and the mask, though the latter could be improved upon. Not too big on the limbs, they seem a bit haphazardly constructed/armored.

2 Likes

Materuta looks really awesome, he has so much personality and menace, really has a predatory bird look to him…I wish I had capes in those quantities…
I think the problem with the painted masks is just the paint is too thick and ‘gloopy’ instead just water it down and do thinner coats.

2 Likes

Nice potatoes you’ve got there, makes me salivate with hunger :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I love Materuta’s head design. The rest of these mocs are cool too but that stood out to me in particular.

2 Likes