My Self-moc. Toa Zirconia

Since I’m on here now I might as well post my mocs. Starting with my self moc that I dub Toa Zirconia even though I don’t even have a element in mind for her😅

My main design influences where the 2008 Bionicle sets because that was the year of g1 that I have the most nostalgic fondness for, ccbs since that’s what I experienced the most of as it released and my normal sona (ripcage on self moc = gap in torso on sona)

Moc scythe vs sona scythe:

Here are some turnaround shots:

Zoom in on the mask (corrupted(?) version of Kopakas uniter mask with the white painted black) aswell as drawn version:

Wings folded out and in:

Extra shots:

Hope y’all like her!

19 Likes

I really like this MOC! Awesome color scheme, the wings are very well done and the weapon is outstanding!

6 Likes

Thanks! Fun fact about the weapon, my original plan was the use the 2015 tahu blade piece with a trans neon green energy piece inside but I found that ninjago blade I ended up on using in the parts bin of a privately owned lego store I go from time to time when looking for other pieces and thought it was a better fit

4 Likes

You are most welcome! Well I think your final design decision was a great idea and works very well!

4 Likes

I like the trans-yellow and black combo, that’s always nice to see. cool moc

3 Likes

Its trans-neon-green😅 The lighting just makes it lean yellow. Sorry to dissapoint if you’re a trans-yellow megafan

4 Likes

This is a great moc! And I really like your icon :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

very cool!

2 Likes

I love the moc, and the and the sona! The scythe is especially cool. I love everything about them, great job!

3 Likes

Zirconium is always an option, though I don’t think that’s black and green enough.

Anyway. My wheels are turning for how you might get this MOC to further resemble your normal sona. Translucent limbs as an analogue for the invisible limbs is a good idea. You’ve already got some headway using the trans green bones; but unfortunately the silver bits end up muting that effect. Long time boards members will know black-and-silver MOCs are a pet peeve of mine; and that coloration tends to mute any translucent color added to it. I’d suggest pulling back all of that except for the specific elements that call back the Toa Phantoka - the Midak Skyblaster, the wings, and maybe the weapon. That would allow to have a clear color blocking system - trans-lime spectral limbs, black for clothes, and silver for weapons.

4 Likes

Getting Blacktron vibes from her design haha. Black and neon green is such a cool combination and your first edited shot looks so clean!

3 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone use Kopaka Uniter’s mask for their self-moc. I dig it

3 Likes

Thanks! I always liked Kopakas mask (and any mask with a telescopic eye for that matter) and the uniter one was the only one that had a version with neon green, which is my fav color

6 Likes

you are really talented at MOC building i commend you!
you might have just inspired me to further upgrade my own self MOC.
keep on building, your doing great :+1:

5 Likes

Awww, thank you so much!

5 Likes

no problem :slight_smile:

4 Likes